I wanted to groan loudly at the sight of the building but instead my eyes just bulged, my mouth opening slightly as I stared at it. I could feel my heart pick up in my chest, and it was that exact moment that I wanted to slap Rico Martínez harder than I've ever wanted to slap anyone in my whole life.

I wanted to say something to Sebastian, but I knew it would be weird and out of line since I'd never talked to Sebastian about Vincent. It was an unspoken thing that they knew each other since Vincent had put in a good word for me, but I wasn't even sure that meant he knew him, maybe he just knew the right people who could pull the right strings.

So instead of asking, I clamped my mouth shut and with my last sliver of hope, I prayed to whatever god there was as Sebastian helped me out of the car that we were not about to see Vincent De Bellis.

"You okay?" Sebastian asked, glancing at me warily with his electric blue eyes, his hand still on mine as he guided me inside the building that I'd become much to familiar with, the building I'd run from not that long ago.

"Yeah, yeah," I breathed, nodding with a fake smile on my lips. "I'm fine."

He nodded, glancing over my expression once more before turning back to watch in front of us, wall while keeping his hand on mine. We walked through the lobby like that, and while I had the overwhelming urge to pull my hand away, the last thing I wanted to do in that moment was annoy Sebastian in any way since he was the only thing right now that wasn't making me feel like I wanted to get ran over.

When we approached the elevator, I quickly realized there was a large group of people trailing us, waiting to get in as well, which was shocking since any time I rode this elevator, I was normally the only one.

We moved into the elevator, going to stand in the back as everyone else piled in. I sighed, very aware on my hand in Sebastian's and the people crowding us.

Someone pressed a button, and the doors to the elevator began sliding closed. My heart immediately climbed to my throat since I had absolutely no idea if I was on my way to Vincent's apartment and honestly that seems like the worst surprise ever.

The elevator began ascending, everyone packed into the small space was eerily quite asides from some people in the front whispering to one another. I was mildly unnerving thanks to the panic attack I was about to have when the number above the door continued to climb.

By the time we hit the last two floors, I knew I was doomed.

Sure enough, we stopped at the very last floor, and the doors slid open. I was hoping Sebastian would stay in the elevator and tell me our event was on a different floor, but unfortunately for myself, that did not happen. Instead he waited for everyone else to leave before tugging me out behind him.

Immediately I found that Vincent's apartment was packed with people. People in ridiculously fancy clothing, looking as posh as ever. I wondered momentarily if there was any of the people from the charity event that I'd attended with him, and I was coming to the conclusion that there must at least be some.

It was practically dark outside now that the sun had pretty much completely slipped behind the horizon, so thanks to his ceiling to floor window, the room would've been just as dark had they not flipped on the lights, illuminating it from within.

Music played over the speakers, the couch and coffee table had been moved out of the center of the room and more off to the side. Near the wide glass window was a long table of different refreshments that looked fancier than hell.

People grouped together just like at the charity event, or in high school, really. They all stood in their little groups, chatting lightly or laughing poshly. Most of them had drinks in their hands, and as I took in every single person, I felt my heart drop to my toes.