You waited for a peasent trolls to walk by, not knowing today was going to be their lucky day. About ten minutes later you could hear a few trolls walking down the trail near the stream. You got up and approched the two, shocking them at first. "You two boys. I have a mission for you two to do. I want you to go to the castle, tell the guards I sent you, and tell the Queen that I have returned from Poppy's village. I have no new news."

The two young trolls looked at each other, than back at you. "You're Moon! The troll that saved Queen Violet!" one of them said. "And you want us to do this? We're just normal trolls!"

"That's exactly why I want you two to do this for me," you lean closer to the trolls. "Now do as I asked. I want the Queen to know I'm not turning my back on her."

"O-oh okay...!" the other troll said, grabbing his friend's hand and dragged him down the trail, running.

You watched them until they were out of sight and began to daydream.

Poppy's pov

Just like everymorning Poppy woke up with enough energy to bounce off the walls. Being a Queen was hard, but it was more fun. She looked out her window to watch her people walk out of their homes made of leaves, mushrooms, or sticks and twigs to start their day. The warm sun shinned over Poppy's village, making it even more beatiful.

Poppy walked out of her 'flower house' to begin her own day. Usually she would sing with her friends or teach the young trolls but today was different.

For the past few weeks something has been distracting Poppy from her daily activites. The feeling was always there, right from the beginning, but the feeling grew more and grew. It started to get so bad she would stay up wide awake at night, mind focused on one troll. How could one troll mess with Poppy's head so much? No matter how hard she thinks about something else, he always pops up in her mind somehow.

But thanks to her new friend, Moon, she was given the cofidence to just spill out everything to him. No matter what happens, at least she won't be stressing about it a year from now.

Poppy tugged at the bottom of her dress, nervously approching his house. She's never done this before. Yes, she's dated trolls before, but the love was never this strong, it was just stupid teen love. And Poppy hasen't been out with anybody for two years. She hoped she still had her romantic side.

Poppy forced her hand out of her pocket to knock on his door, doing her usual knock. She felt her heart skip a beat when she heard a BE RIGHT THERE behind the door. The pink troll picked at her fingers as his footsteps got louder, until they stopped and the door opened.

"Poppy? Is the meeting now? I did it again!" Branch yelled at himself. Poppy forgot she was 'picking up' Branch today for the monthly meeting all the trolls in the village have later today. It's basically a get-together rather than a meeting. But Branch is mad because he always loses the track of time and winds up being late.

Before Branch could turn around and run off to get ready, Poppy grabbed his hand. "Wait, Branch!" he froze, looking down at their hands. Poppy nervously laughed and pulled her hand away, breaking Branch's grip. "I'm not here to bring you to the meeting. I just wanted to talk to you about something."

"Oh? What?" Branch asked.

Poppy couldn't tell if it was the eight slices of cake she ate last night of Branch's adorable facial expression, that made her stomach twist. She slightly flinched at the feeling, the last time she felt that was when her friends were being taken away by the Bergen Chef. A panic attack? A nervous breakdown? The unusal feeling made her dizzy.

"Whoo, you okay?" Branch grabbed her shoulder to keep her steady, only to make it worse.

"I-y-EAH! I'm perrrfectly fine," Poppy said with a cocky tone. How do I do this? How does any troll do this? Is this what it's like for everyone? Or am I making a fool out of myself? Branch probably thinks I'm totally weird. I should leave. I'm making things worse. "Nevermind," Poppy said, taking a step back. She already missed the feeling of Branch's touch.

"Are you sure? What are you-"

"I'll see you at the meeting later," she said, quickly turning around and storming off, her throat felt tight and it was hard to breath. Her eyes burned like they were on fire. At first Poppy thought something was in her eyes, until a hot tear fell down her cheek. "I'm never going to do this," her voice was unfamiliar to her, choked up from crying.

The sad queen had no idea is anybody was watching, nor did she care. If she can't express her love for someone how can she rule an entire village?