Chapter 12

We made a hasty retreat back toour room, hoping Dante would sleep through the night. I reluctantlylaid a sleeping Abram in his bassinet as Anders came up behind me tohug my waist and nuzzle my neck. I turned in his arms, putting minearound his neck. "You know they'll both probably sleep forhours," I suggested, running my hands over his smooth, freshlyshaven face.

"And I'm not due to bed forhours," he informed me. "Are you sure you're up to it?"

"I'mnot tired." I shrugged giving him an immodest smile.

"Well then, allow me towelcome you back properly." He smirked.

Our love making was slow andpassionate, nothing like the smash and grab whirlwind that Balthazarhad tricked me into. As I lay awake afterwards, Anders dozing withhis head on my stomach, Balthazar decided to voice his opinion. Thatwas just awful... Shove a spoon down my throat and gag me with it.

You shut up!I warned angrily. Youwill not ruin this for me.

You seriously enjoyed thatship wreck? It was so... Warm and fuzzy.

That's what you get forpossessing someone in love you heartless prick!

Don't be rude, pet. It isunbecoming.

Like I give a shit! Go back tolooting my memories. I liked you better when you were being quiet.

You'll learn to love me, pet.Just as you did in my world.

Piss off!I slammed up a shield, attempting to push him away.

I will not be ignored!He raged. I am not yourpanty waste pet vampire!

I huddled down in my pillow whilehe ranted, covering my ears, which of course didn't help at all. Whenhe finally got bored, I sighed with relief and closed my eyes to goto sleep.

Do you not recall yourStefan's sleeping affliction?Balthazar teased when I tried like hell to shut down my brain and getsome rest.

"Son of a bitch," Icursed out loud. I was never going to sleep again.

Anders stirred at my outburst,but simply huddled closer to me, running his palm over my stomach andmumbling something indiscernible. I stroked his hair and sighed. If Iwas going to have to lie awake every night, I could think of worseplaces to be, having been in them for almost two months. I heardAbram begin to fuss and Anders instinctively and habitually woke totend to him almost immediately. "Shit, little warrior, I forgotyou were here."

I smiled, pulling my pillow outfrom under my head and giving it to him to replace my stomach. "I'llsee to him."

"I love you." Hesmiled, closing his eyes again and cuddling up to the pillow.

"Of course you do, now thatI can take over for your lazy arse," I mocked, scooting out ofthe bed.

He whipped the pillow out and hitme with it. "Sassy," he accused.

"I have a lot of making upto do." I shrugged pulling an oversize shirt from a drawer andslipping it over my head. It was so much more comfortable than mystupid nightgown that I was forced to wear while I was pregnant. Isettled into it happily.

"Now that's the littlewarrior I know and love," Anders smiled, his eyes roving my longlegs.

"Stop," I accused."You're distracting me from our son. In case you forgot."

"I'm not touching." Hesmirked innocently.

"Go back to sleep, youcretin." I laughed, passing by the bed and heading towardAbram's bassinet. Anders reached out and smacked my backside as Ipassed. "Not touching, huh?"

He laughed. "That's one forthe road."