sick ➳ steve rogers

You were sick, and no one could get within a few feet of you.

Wanda had tried to lure you out with chocolate, but eventually left, leaving the chocolate behind. Peter had tried to give you his puppy dog eyes, but you kept your own firmly shut. Many more of the Avengers had tried and failed, and soon all of them had given up. Well, almost all of them.

An hour after Tony left, someone knocked on your door.

"Go away!" You hoarsely yelled.

"Come on doll, let me in." Steve.

How could he see you like this, all snotty and gross? "I'm sick! I don't want you to see me like this, Steve. There's drool on my chin, vomit on my shirt, I haven't even showered-"

"Honey, I've seen you drooling in your sleep. I've held back your hair as you've vomited in the bathroom. I've loved you at your best, and now I'll love you at your worst. And besides, I have your favourite pizza with me." He taunted.

You groaned, climbing out of bed and padding over to the door. His face was visible through a small crack of the door. His eyes were on the floor as he added, "I've got garlic bread, too."

That was the final straw. You opened the door fully so he could see your wet chin, stained shirt, and messy hair in all its glory.

He smiled at you. "There she is."