VI

The Dark lord and one of his most trusted follower-the only one he feels a degree of kinship with- Severus Snape apparated to the front iron-wrought gates of St.Brutus at 10 a.m sharp. Both having experience in the muggle world wore muggle suits undeniably expensive and of the highest quality looking every bit the influential lords they are supposed to be in their own world.

The place was as dull and as dreary and dismal as Severus remembered upon his last visit. Going up to the same old lady manning the receptionist desk he politely asked "Excuse me, I'm Severus Snape, here for Hadrian Evans, patient 317 who I visited two days ago. This is my lawyer Mr. Selwyn, he's here to check on Mr.Evans and proceed with any legal actions that needs to be taken to enable me to gain the child's custody."

The lady looked incredulous and sceptical as she answered "I'm sorry Mr.Snape but Hadrian has already been discharged and taken by his legal guardian."

"Wait, What?His legal guardian?who?When?I demand to know" Both Severus and his lord were shocked and thrown off-guard by these turn of events.

"I'm sorry Mr.Snape since you're not his family or legal guardian, we do not have authority to disclose that information." the woman replied monotonously.

"Merlin and Morgana, My lord." He cursed as he witnessed Lord Voldemort perform legilinency on the muggle not caring about tearing her brain apart due to the forceful intrusion. Luckily for them no one was present around the general area of the front desk and by merlin he didn't even notice when the dark lord discreetly silenced the woman's screams only realising it when she opened her mouth to scream but no sound came out.

"Bring me Harry Potter, Severus. Anyway you can." His lord demanded once he was done with rifling around the muggle's brain and memories.

"You know who has taken Harry, My lord" it wasn't a question but a statement.

"indeed" Voldemort replied without further explanation, leaving him to fumble around for answers. His lord looked at him expectantly believing without a shadow of a doubt that he will figure it out, he wasn't the youngest and the best Potions master in Britian for nothing and Lord Voldemort only chooses the best of the best for his inner circle.

"Dumbledore" Severus replied with growing horror and realisation, he was internally flabbergasted to realize that somehow he's failed Hadrian a second time. Merlin knows what Dumbledore will be doing with a broken unresponsive shell of a saviour on his hands. What if he imperiorises Harry or gives him a personality potion or performs spells on him, there are hundreds of spells, potions and rituals that can give Albus his desired Golden boy without much trouble, a perfect puppet on strings to do as he desired. The thought was equal parts dreadful and revolting.

"Severus listen to me, all is not lost. The boy is not as helpless as he looks, trust in your lord Severus. Perhaps it is best if you see what I glimpsed in her mind."

"Come now" the dark lord beckoned him to follow and he did.

Together wordlessly both disapparated to Riddle Manor.

____________________________________

Keeping up with his Lord's long strides Severus reached the dark lord's office at the manor where no one was allowed entry without express permission from the man himself.

The dark lord turned towards him after taking out his pensieve and without a single word pulled out the memory with his wand to the temple and putting it inside the stone basin like structure, with a gesture from him, Severus ducked his head inside the pensieve.

Coming out of the pensieve his face sported a pensive look but he still bowed to his lord and asked "What do you require of me, My lord? Hogwarts seems like the probable place where he would be taken and he does need to be under the care of a healer and it matters not that Poppy isn't one but Albus will want none other untrustworthy around him "

"Think Severus, Potter is nowhere stable enough to be taken to and paraded around Hogwarts and Dumbledore isn't foolish enough to take him to St.Mungo's . Where can he hide the boy with no one questioning his motives and obeying his orders without a single thought?"

"The order headquarters" Severus immediately replied, unable to utter the name due to it being under a fidelius charm.
"No doubt the mutt and the wolf will be over the moon with getting Hadrian back so they wouldn't question the old man much and it comes with the added benefit of making them both indebted to him and since neither are fit or able to care for the sick child they will rely on Dumbledore and perhaps Molly Weasley to look after his needs giving them the perfect in to mould him however they see fit."

"Very astute, Severus. Bring the boy here and I swear on my magic that I will do my utmost so that no harm will befall him under my protection." The dark lord intoned

With those words of reassurance; the potions master bowed to his lord and left the manor with the single minded determination to complete his task and rescue Hadrian from being further exploited,all the while also mulling over the implications of what he saw in the dark lord's pensieve.

***
Finally!!!! I know its super late but as I've said life and work got in the way but now I'm back. Although I can't promise a regular update schedule but I'll try my best to not keep you all hanging for a year.
So what did you think? Don't forget to leave your thoughts in the comments section.
Its not proof read so feel free to point out any mistakes but please be nice about it.
Stay safe
All the love xxx