Two demons and no sleep

Aziraphale's POV

I spun quickly and got wrapped into someone tightly, I hit out at the figure it merely pinned my arms down. I yelled and was slightly surprised as I was pulled closer. 

"Hey, it's me! Stop fighting it's me, angel." I relaxed into the demon still holding my arms to my sides. He slowly let go and I looked up at him in the dark. Not that I could really see anything. He noticed this and made the second ball of light, it hovered up close to the ceiling. 

"Aww sweet, the angel is feisty," Aster said from the floor. I ignored her and brought a hand up to touch Crowley's face where a red mark was forming from where I hit him. 

"I'm sorry!" I said trying to heal it. Nothing happened. "I'm a bit drained." He grabbed my hand pulling down. 

"Stop wasting your energy!" He said forcefully. 

"You guys are so cute, it's a shame we have to kill you both." I looked down at her and a small growl raised in my throat. "So protective! Do you think you can protect the demon? You're both useless. Although Crowley though he thinks he's big and strong is really just as weak as you." My blood began to boil and I took a step forward, no one was allowed to talk to Crowley like that. This time though Crowley held me back. I sighed deeply and sagged a bit. I was just so tired.  He stood calmly in front of me. 

"Listen, demon, you hurt my Angel then decided to insult him. You are on thin ice, but trust me the devil's pet will soon see what happens when you mess with me, you think by this point Beezy would learn but I guess not. Sssay it as it iss I ssupose but you have no right to him, he'ss mine. Do you hear me."  He began hissing slightly the angrier he got, I put my hand gently on his arm and he only stared ahead at Aster. She smirked and raised an eyebrow.

"Do you really think that's going to scare me? Because if you do I think your soft angel back there might actually be more threating, now of course, in the long run, it won't matter but who cares." I huffed a little bit. 

"Rot in hell," I said surprising myself. 

"Already have, and soon so will you, trust me you'll hate it." I blinked rapidly. It still hit me like a bag of wet, angry ducks even though I already knew it was coming. My entire form shook but I didn't move. Crowley's jaw clenched tightly and he walked toward her.

"Now you listen closely there will be no talking to him like that and I'm not letting him fall." He turned on his heel and grabbed my hand pulling us both out the door. He snapped and the door slammed shut behind us. I held onto him tightly. I felt a sharp pang as I realised that this could be the end for us. We made our way us through the shop before my knees felt a bit wobbly.

"Crow- Crowley," I said before my knees hit the floor. I dragged him down a bit behind me but he fell gracefully. 

"Hey, are you alright?" He looked at me worried. 

"I'm- I'm fine," I said shakily. He looked at me suspiciously. I pulled myself up using the desk next to me. Only to have my knees give out again. Before I hit the ground Crowley put a hand behind my knees and one at my back before I was pulled into his arms. 

"No, you're not."  I sighed lightly as he laid me on the bed.  I shivered suddenly feeling very cold. I flipped onto my stomach trying to relieve pressure on my wings. 

"We should wrap those again. I'm thinking you're gonna need stitches." He said feebly, leaning on the door fame. 

 "I don't know if it's worth it, soon enough I won't have wings," I said hopelessly.

"No, no, no, you can't think like that! You are going to be okay!" He said desperately, crossing the room in a flash. He put a hand on the space between my wings. Not looking away from me. I smiled sadly before burying my face in a pillow.  I was tired and I didn't want to argue with him. He gasped and I looked up quickly. I swung one of my wings around narrowly missing the ceiling and Crowley's head. I grabbed it and to my dread, I saw the spreading on-fire/burnt look. At this point most of my wing was red.  "It must have happened when we were in the dark I didn't notice it earlier!" He said looking at me concerned. 

"No, it's fine everything's fine," I said grabbing his wrist gently. The pain began to return and I dropped the wing, it felt like my bones were breaking, liquifying, then solidifying again. I paled and my muscles began to tense as the first roll of pain past over me. It wasn't the constant throbbing that I had been living in for the last bit. I groaned and he placed a hand on my wing. The first pain rolled over and I inhaled sharply. Crowley reached over and continued to brush through my feathers. I relished in the few moments of peace. Before I was hit by a new wave over pain enough to give me whiplash. I whimpered and I could hear Crowley's sharp intake of breath. In the time I had to breathe I could have sworn I heard the other demon cackling in the cellar. Then it hit me. She was speeding it up. That's why she did what she did. My mind snapped back, she was in my head. That shouldn't be possible. 

"Cr-Crowley! She's in my head." He dropped my wing and I winced.

"Wait she's what?" I gripped the pillow tightly as a third wave rolled over. 

"She's in my head! This isn't real, she's in your head too. I'm not falling, she literally cannot make me fall." I cried out and realised she knew and was fighting back again. The honest question was how did she get in his head. Getting into mine was easy she was possessing the same vessel and sharing the same mind. But Crowley was better than that, he wouldn't let her in. The pain broke through again. The tea! She had made the tea. I heard her scream in my head knowing I figured it out. I grabbed Crowley's wrist forcing him to pay attention to me. "It was the tea Crowley, that's how she's in our heads. We have to get her ou-," I said, cut off by a stronger wave of pain. I sat up and leaned against the headboard. I took a deep breath and sighed. I shut my eyes and Crowley reached out to touch my face. 

"It will be okay! I promise we will figure this out!" I leaned into him as he hugged me. I bit down on my bottom lip the split tearing open again. I nuzzled into his neck. "We just have to get it out of our system." I nodded but wasn't sure it would go away for me. I settled down and readied myself for a long night. Hoping Crowley would stay next to me.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Crowley's POV

Aziraphale had a fitful night, to say the least. He was up every ten minutes, he would begin to nod off when he would be shocked awake by a fresh wave of pain. His already exhausted form began to look half dead by sunrise. He groaned and stood unsteadily. I pulled myself up behind him, watching as he teetered out of the room, I smiled and followed after him. Snapping, two cups of tea appeared and I handed one to Aziraphale. He shivered and I warmed up the tea. He sighed and sat gently. He winced and leaned forward balancing a cup of tea on his knee. I rubbed his back.

"I'm fine, don't worry I'll be fine." I wasn't sure who he was trying to reassure. I took the tea from him a few moments before it spilt on the ground. I sat next to him on the couch and began to rub warmth into his unusually cold fingers. He smiled and laid his head in my lap. It pained me to see him like this but I smiled back. Running a hand through his hair untangling the unruly curls. We sat like that for hours reading trying to find anything that might help us. I noticed as I looked harder at his wings that the red was gone. Whatever she had put in our drinks was gone. At least for me, Zira, on the other hand, wasn't doing so well. I continued to keep a hand running through his curls as I read. It was the same as last night he would start to sleep and almost instantly be woken again. There was nothing I could do. We refused to go talk to her hoping maybe that would help, it didn't. If anything it made matters worse. Zira had gotten up to make more tea and in a flash, he was leaning against the counter trying not to yell. I had pulled him back to the couch where he sat for a bit. It wasn't until almost nightfall did we truly say anything to each other. 

"Welcome to the end times," Aziraphale said and I looked at him in fear seeing the reflection of Beezelbub in his glasses lenses. "I love you." Then my world went dark.  

Well I tried with this chapter I don't know if you will all like it but I did my best. (Sorry for the late update.) Anyway, this book should be over soon. I hope you are enjoying it regardless. With love

-AA

Word count: 1652