Chapter 2: Phil the Stalker Extraordinaire

(3rd pov)

"Welcome aboard Captain, we'll be heading to base after we pick up another agent," Coulson informs as Steve boards the quinjet.

"Who if you do not mind me asking?"

"Deputy Director Evans, so you won't be the only war hero for long."

"What war did she fight in?"

"She fought in the second wizarding war, she's a witch."

"Is there a big difference between a war with and without magic?"

"Well when someone can be killed by uttering a simple phrase, I'd say so. She lost her mother in the first war when she was one, her dad, godfather, and fiance in the second war. She and her cousin also sacrificed themselves for their family and friends to a dark wizard named Voldemort."

"Wow."

"Yeah, and she was only eighteen years old."

(Time Skip brought to you by Coulson lovingly watching Captain America sleep)

As the quinjet ramp opens up, Coulson and Steve walk out to here Harry shout the words "Stupify."

Before it hits Cas she responds with, "Protego, Melofors." As his curse rebounded and sent him flying backwards he sat up only to have his head become encased in a pumpkin. The kids, George, Ginny, Ron, Bill, and Charlie were howling with laughter. Hermione, Luna, Fleur, Angelina, Neville, Molly, and Arthur all stood there with amused smirks while silently snickering. Coulson and Steve grinning wildly while approaching the big family. "Sorry Harry, still as predictable as ever with your jinxes huh," Cas asked while snickering and grinning at her pumpkin-headed cousin.

"Haha, very funny," stated Harry blandly.

"Do you want me to fix it for you?"

"No,no ,no,no,n-," Harry violently shakes his head before getting cut off by Cas.

"Bombarda Maxima."

The pumpkin explodes off Harry's head he's sent falling onto his ass again and everyone loses it.

"Deputy Director Evans," Coulson calls out smirking at her as they all turn to the two who arrived amid the chaos.

"Agent Coulson, how many times do I have to tell you that you've long since earned the right to call me Cas?" As she smirks back at him while pulling him in for hug.

"Captain Rogers," she addresses Steve while shaking his hand, "it's a pleasure to meet you sir."

"Please call me Steve," he insisted.

"Ok but only if you call me Cassi, Cassiopeia and Deputy Director Evans are far too much of a mouthful to repeat constantly."

"Alright ma'am."

"Now I just feel old."

"YOU ARE!" George shouted from behind her. She whipped around and shot a charm at him, George tried to speak again but found that no words could leave his mouth.

"You were saying George," Cas put a hand up to her ear while cupping it as George began glaring at her. She turned back to the two men, "Give me a minute or two to grab my go bag and say goodbye then I'll be ready." She ran into the house grabbing her backpack off of a chair before returning, hugging the only family she had left while promising to be safe and that she'll be back to finish her vacation before returning to the agent and soldier. 

She handed Coulson a box while saying, "here is the wizarding care package that I promised to bring you before I left Phil, it's got candy from Honeydukes, pranking supplies from Weasley Wizarding Wheezes and Zonko's Joke Shop." Coulson was grinning like an idiot as he began rummaging through it on the jet heading towards base.

(Time Skip brought by 40 minutes till base sir)

"We're about forty minutes out from base, sir."

"So, this Doctor Banner was trying to replicate the serum that was used on me," Steve questioned.

"A lot of people were. You were the world's first superhero. Banner thought gamma radiation might hold the key to unlocking Erskine's original formula," Coulson explains as the Hulk roars on the footage. Cas sitting across from Steve doing only the author knows what on the tablet.

"Didn't really go his way, did it?"

"Not so much. When he's not that thing tough, guy's like a Stephen Hawking. He's like a smart person," he states picking up on Steve's confusion, "I gotta say, it's an honor to meet you, officially."

Cas has a smirk slowing growing, knowing full well where this is going. "I sort of met you, I mean, I watched you while you were sleeping." Cas quietly laughs behind her hand at the now flustered Coulson with a very noticeable blush. "I mean, I was... I was present while you were unconscious from the ice. You know, it's really, it's just a... just a huge honor to have you on board." At this point Coulson has buried himself six feet under in his hole of shame and embarrassment.

"Well, I hope I'm the man for the job."

"Oh, you are, both of you. Absolutely," looking between the captain and witch, "Uh... we've made some modifications to the uniform. I had a little design input," turning back to Steve.

"The uniform? Aren't the stars and stripes a little... old fashioned?"

"With everything that's happening, the things that are about to come to light, people might just need a little old fashioned."

As the comfortable silence settled over the jet the two men turned to Cas who busy tapping away at the tablet reviewing everything related to Phase 2, while a video of her played in the background with Nat and Clint.