supporting role (Sinbad X Male!Reader)

Inspired by Marina Diamandis' song Starring Role (above - I big recommend listening to it)

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER IS PG-13 DUE TO SOME STEAMY SHIT, BUT NOT FULL ON SMUT.

summary: Sinbad is conflicted over newfound attraction towards a male servant. maybe if they experiment, they can figure out their feelings, or get their hearts broken in the process.

<<O>>

King Sinbad made his attraction to women public in every way possible. From one night stands to publicly flirting and attending brothels, he was known both as a mighty king, and a hopeless womanizer.

But to (Y/N), he was hiding. Hiding from what he truly felt. Which, from what Sinbad had said, was attraction to both men and women.

(Y/N) was nothing but a humble servant to King Sinbad and the generals, but he was favored by Ja'far. So he had met Sinbad on many occasions.

The king was always half drunk, half asleep, or putting on a happy facade. But the servant could always see through it, no matter what face the king put on.

He could see the exhaustion in his king's golden eyes, the desire to just lay down and let everything go. But of course, as a king, he didn't have that luxury.

But one night... (Y/N) remembered it very vividly.

It had been another late night of doing Sinbad's paperwork. Ja'far has finished his portion a little while earlier, but (Y/N) had found something odd about his papers, so he decided to stay up and figure out what it was.

As he realized it was because of an inconsistency between tax rates and the tax collected, the door had slammed open.

"Ja'far!" He exclaimed in surprise, but when the candlelight hit the figure's face, he saw it was Sinbad.

"Your majesty-" the king shut the door and advanced on the boy, slamming a hand over his mouth and silently begging him to stay quiet. Though (Y/N) was confused, he did as his king requested. He soon heard footsteps shuffling from outside, and what sounded like a woman saying, "King Sinbad~ where'd you go? I thought we were gonna have fun!" She finished with a flirtatious giggle, but continued on, not stopping at the door.

As her footsteps faded, the king visibly exhaled and looked up at the servant with a thankful expression, but faltered at his annoyed expression and raised eyebrow.

He quickly retracted his hand and laughed nervously. "It's not... what it looks like-"

(Y/N) crossed his arms. "Let me guess. You got drunk at a brothel and brought a prostitute back."

"That's only half true." The king hiccuped, and (Y/N) rolled his eyes. "Okay, the drunk part is true and so is the brothel, but she followed me back! I didn't know she was behind me until she cornered me in a hallway. And I'm not in the mood."

"Really?" He asked in disbelief, and Sinbad groaned.

"Is that so hard to believe?" He asked, rubbing his aching head.

(Y/N) shrugged. "I don't know. You're full of surprises. And every time I see you, you have a woman draped around your shoulders."