“Ass…” Melissa finished Amber’s statement as they both laughed.

“I’ll call him.” Amber said

Amber picked up Melissa’s phone and asked her for the number. Melissa told her the number and Ashley dialed James Williams.

“That was fast, so you got me a vacation that fast? When do I leave.” James Williams answered in his musical tone that reminded everyone of his musical hits that had become club anthems in the African American community.

“Hold on Mr. Williams.” Amber said.

James laughed, “This ain’t Melissa.”

“No it isn’t, this is Amber Thompson, the owner, I just wanted…”

“So now they got the owner on the line, I wondered when I would get to talk to you again Amber.”

“Mr. Williams…”

“You know it’s James.”

“James…there is simply no way we can get you in Aruba this coming week. We bend over backwards to provide you and your companion great privacy…”

“Who said I will be bringing a companion?” James asked.

“You always bring a companion.” Amber said smugly.

James laughed. “Well what do you expect from the biggest R & B star in the world?”

Amber smiled at his statement.

“And when was your last hit?” Amber said before she could catch herself. It had been three years since James had a song on the charts.

“My last hit? So, you got jokes. Go to the club, you will hear me. Hell, listen to the radio, I’m all over it. I don’t need a hit.” James said firmly, but softly.

“I apologize…”

James got quiet and said, “Um..Hmm…”

They both sat there for a moment of silence.

“OK, where do you want to send me?”

“How about Panama?”

“Let’s make a deal. Now I have been using your agency for 7 years and I have never met you.”

“What does any of this have to do with Panama?” Amber asked.

“Here’s the deal, I will take the Panama trip as long as you accompany me.”

Amber asked, “We don’t fraternize with customers at the Thompson agency.”

“OK, well then I can take my business elsewhere.” James said.

“Fine, then get ready to see yourself and your companion nude on MediaHipHopOut.Com.”

He laughed, “You seem to think that you are in the driver’s seat of this relationship. Don’t they say the customer is always right?”

“The customer is always right…except when he is wrong. And Mr. Williams, you are wrong.” Amber said.

James laughed. “I told you to call me James.”

“OK, let’s stop playing games Mr…Will…Uh…James. Should I book the trip or not?”

“I am not playing games, I said what I said, two tickets to Panama and put it on my account. You meet me at the airport and it is a done deal. Hell, you probably could use some sun.”

The agency had gone through a bit of trouble in those months. They really could not afford to lose such an important client as James Williams. He often went on trips and he paid a pretty penny whenever he went.

Plus Amber really couldn’t deny her attraction to the R & B singer.

Amber found herself saying, “OK.”

“OK, meet me at the Blitz Restaurant Thursday so that we can make the final arrangements.”

“So now you are trying to turn this into another date?” Amber said.

“Blitz Restaurant on Thursday at 7:30…” James repeated.

“Whatever James.” Amber said.

She hung up.

Melissa asked Amber, “So it sounds like you got him to go on a trip to Panama.”

“He said he would take the package if I would accompany him on the trip.”

“He what? Damn girl, I’m jealous, you going on a trip with James Williams.” Melissa laughed.

“I am NOT going on this trip.” Amber said.

Melissa laughed, “When is the last time you have been on a vacation?”

“It’s been about ten years, I don’t go on vacations.”

“Does he know that?”

“It doesn’t matter, I am going to get out of it.”

“Girl, if he would have gave me that deal I would have already booked it.” Melissa said.

“So you are attracted to him?” Amber asked.

“Hell to the yes. What women wouldn’t want to explore that fine chocolate mound of manhood.” Melissa said laughing.

“He is about ten years older than you.”

“Well, I’m looking for a sugar daddy and he seems like he would fit that job perfectly.” Melissa said.

Amber shook herself back into business mode. She said, “No fraternization with clients.”

“I love this job, but I’m letting you know that I would have quit for that trip.” Melissa said.

Amber laughed and shook her head. She then said, “Back to work.”