XIII.

CHAPTER THIRTEEN.
"SONS OF THE HARPY, PART 2"

___

While Sorlo was tasked with Grey Worm and Daario to find the man responsible for killing an Unsullied soldier, Kali stayed in the Great Pyramid to continue the lessons with Daenerys. As promised, she brought steel swords with blunt edges for more advanced training.

"Hold it, and feel the weight." Kali said as she handed the sword to Daenerys, who had to hold it in both hands due to the heavy weight.

"How am I supposed to wield this?" She breathed, struggling with the unfamiliar feel in her hands.

Kali chuckled at Daenerys, "You'll get used to it, soon enough your sword will feel like a third arm." She explained and held her own sword, "We won't be fighting today. I want you to get used to holding it first." Kali lifted her sword and demonstrated a stance, watching as Daenerys clumsily copied her.

As their lesson ended an hour later, Dany asked for Kali to stay. She watched the Jhagar woman in front of her, and saw the face of a true fearless warrior.

"Do you know the stories and tales of Visenya Targaryen?" Dany asked.

Kali thought for a moment as she tried to remember the times her parents would read stories to her, "She was the sister and wife of Aegon the Conqueror, wasn't she?"

Daenerys nodded with a smile, "She was, but she was so much more than that. A dragonrider and a skilled warrior, fearless and fierce. Strong and brave. You remind me a great deal of her."

She was taken aback by the queens words, a genuine smile spread across her face, "You're too kind."

"I wanted to thank you for helping Daario take back Yunkai, and for training me, and for everything that you do to help keep people safe. You don't do it because of my command but because you freely choose to and I respect that." Daenerys said as she opened a box and pulled out some mail leather armour, a horse head visible on the chest. "I had it made for you, I hope I got the measurements right. A warrior needs respectable armour."

Kali's eyes went wide at the gift Dany handed her, tears almost brimming her eyes as she let her fingers brush over the detailed horse head on the leather. All her life she had to hide and run from who she truly was, and now she was able to wear her identity proudly; and not be afraid or ashamed of the name Jhagar.

She clutched the armour to her chest, "Thank you," She bent down on one knee, "My queen."

Daenerys put a hand on her chest as she watched, smiling from ear to ear as she gestured for Kali to stand, "I hope I deserve it."