Lia would never forget the snide remarks after the funeral.

Bad luck always follows the werewolf who can’t shift.

Maybe they purposely drove off the cliff to escape from her.

“We’ll be back to visit,” Sophie smiled sweetly, her sincerity shining through.

Will she even be able to take care of the younger children?

For Lia, however, she never wanted to come back.

She’s going to infect them with whatever it is that she has.

She had wanted to leave and never come back after her parents had died, but providing for Henry and Sophie wasn’t possible if she didn’t finish college and find a stable job.

Are Henry and Sophie safe with her?

“Thank you for all these years, Alpha. We’ll never forget it. We’ll come back any time we can.” Lia smiled, hoping that the lie was believable.

Henry stood beside her, towering over her five foot and five inches with his six foot three inches, on her other side was Sophie, who was now becoming as tall as Lia.

“We hope that you three will be happy, and that you’ll all be safe.” Luna Terri’s voice was always comforting. She was probably the only person that kept the whole pack from turning against her. She was always there to help Lia through things. “Don’t forget to introduce yourselves to the Alpha of the area.”

Luna Terri was the one person Lia’d miss in the whole Riverfalls Pack.

“Thank you so very much, Luna. I hope we’ll see each other soon,” Lia’s smile was genuine, and her words sincere.

After a few more minutes, they finally left the Riverfalls Pack.

“You’re quite young,” Elise, the woman behind the glass desk, told Lia. She was middle aged, probably in her forties or fifties, with green eyes and short, brown hair. She had high cheek bones and looked every bit like the model she used to be.

“Ah, yes, I get that a lot.” Lia replied.

“Your designs are excellent, of course, I’m just quite surprised that you’re only twenty.” Elist continued, her pristine white dress clung to her body as she stood up. “I had thought you to be older, twenty two, in the least, since you had mentioned finishing college, and I never really bother reading those resumes to the full. Designs speak much louder.”

Lia smiled in return. “I started school quite early, and by the time I was sixteen, I was already in college.”

“So, Lia, tell me more about yourself,” Elise asked, leaning on her desk.

“Well, I just finished college earlier this year,” she said, fidgeting with her pencil skirt.

“Tell me something I don’t know.” The older woman looked at her expectantly.

“I have two younger siblings that I’m caring for at the moment.”

“Boyfriend?”

“None. I don’t plan to have any in the immediate future.”

“Parents?”

“They died four years ago, car accident.”

Elise’s eyebrows rose in surprise, creasing her forehead. “I see, I’m sorry to hear about that.”

There was silence as Elise studied the girl in front of her, and Lia simply looked down. She had worn a simple pencil skirt with a simple floral printed blouse, with simple heels and accessories—earrings, a watch and a black clutch purse.