Chapter 4 Searching

Start from the beginning

"Go and check which lockers we can open and tell me" I said. Leon nodded and went to check.

"Press in numbers 102 and 2018!" Leon called out.

I did and heard the locker beep. I walk over to Leon and watch him pick some gunpowder from locker 102 and some shotgun ammo from locker 208.

"Well, let's go back" I said, walking out of the safety deposit room.

"Going" Leon called out.

We head back upstairs, but this time all the way up to the third floor. We turned right at the top of the stairs and grab a box of handgun ammo off some boxes to the side. We continued forward and turn right through a hole in the wall that leads to a small private study room. Before we could keep walking, I noticed something shining on the desk. I walk over to the small desk in the small room and found a blue spade key.

"What's that key for?" Leon asked.

"There's something that you have to know about this place, Leon" I began, and stopped in front of him.

"There are four keys in total. A spade key, a heart key, a diamond key, and a clover key. By having this key, we can open all the doors with the spade symbol on it" I explained. Leon nodded.

We walk out of the private study room through the door and continued on our way through the dark and creepy hallways.

"How do you know so much about the police station?" Leon asked.

"I told you, Leon. I'm the most wanted troublemaker in Raccoon City. I have gotten in so much trouble that I lost count of how many times I have been in this place" I explained.

Just then, we saw something move past the window at the end of the hallway. Immediately, we raise our weapons.

"What in the...!?" Leon began.

"What do you think that was?" Leon asked.

"I don't, but there's only one way to find out" I said, making my way to the end of the hallway.

"Midnight!" Leon called, but I ignored him and carefully opened the window. I looked outside but didn't see anything.

"What do you see?" Leon asked.

"Nothing" I replied, closing the window.

"You need to be more careful. You could get hurt" Leon said.

"Excuse me, but I'm a grown-up woman. I can take care of myself" I said, walking ahead of him. I went past the door on the side and went all the way to the end of the hallway. I found a note. The note had blood, but I was still able to read it. I decided to read it out loud.

To any survivors

Consider this a gift for anyone still unfortunate enough to be alive.

Keep your eyes peeled for those creepy fucks that look like they were skinned alive- "lickers," we call 'em. They're blind as bats, but their hearing more than makes up for that.

So long as you don't run around like a total idiot, guns a-blazing, you should be able to slip right by them...probably.

Either way, make like grandma and creep around as slow as possible around 'em, yeah?

Anyway, not that I wanna go, but duty calls. That, and I've got a friend to avenge.

David

"David" I whispered.

"You knew the guy?" Leon asked. I scream.

"Leon! Don't creep behind me like that!" I yelled.

"I'm sorry" Leon said, chuckling.

"Whatever" I replied.

"Anyway, I feel like I don't want to know what's this "licker" thing because it sounds like trouble" I said.

"Agree" Leon agreed.

We turn around and head through the door that we passed a minute ago. We were now in the west storage room.

'Wow, this place is a mess' I thought.

I watch Leon pick off some gunpowder from a nearby stand by the door. I turn left and just when I was about to cross to the other side of the room, a zombie body that was hanging from the ceiling slip a little making me jump back.

"Damn it!" I yelled.

"Are you okay?" Leon asked.

"I'm fine, but if things like these keep popping out of nowhere, I'm gonna go crazy" I said, walking past the zombie's body and over to the other side of the room.

I looked up and noticed a statue inside the cell at the back of the room.

"Leon, doesn't that statue looks like one of Elliot drawings?" I asked.

"You're right" Leon said.

He then took out Elliot's notebook and flipped it to where it had the drawings of the three statues. But we couldn't go inside the cell because it was locked.

"So, what now?" I asked.

"Maybe this could help" Leon said handing me a note. I took it from him and read it to myself.

Some Guy's Scribblings

Damn those corporate assholes! They cut me off! After all, I've done for them! But if that's how it's gonna be, so be it. I'm gonna have a little fun of my own as the world goes to shit.

I boarded all those filthy pigs up in a steel pen, and set some C4. All I gotta do is detonate it and it's "sayonara suckers!"

But it's no fun if it's over too soon, so maybe I'll give that one raving loon something to really squeal about.

Yeah, maybe I'll give him a little toy and tell him, "Kill the guy next to you and I'll spare the others." I wonder what he'll do.

You yell about "justice" and "pride" but how many times did you go against me, you own superior?

Yeah, you're such a good cop... So good you had to die.

Man is this fun. I need some music for this.

"Damn" I said.

"I know, right?" he asked.

"So, basically we need to find a detonator to detonate the cell door" I said. Leon nodded.

'Just great' I thought.

We looked around the room and found some more handgun ammo. Once we were finished looking around the room, we walked back to the zombie that was hanging from the ceiling and went through the door next to him. We were now at the library.

": Leon, it's Marvin. I need you two back here ASAP:" I heard Marvin's voice said from Leon's Radio.

"Are you okay, Marvin?" I asked.

": I've got something to show you two. It's important:" Marvin replies, ignoring my previous question.

"Copy that, we'll be right there" Leon said.