Oh oh, I know. Kingston fucked a redhead at a party las night and now everybody wants to go red!

My swollen wrists ache as I grab my books and  cradle them in my arms, I breathe in heavily as the sounds of the whispers intensify and my head pounds. The vision from my eyes blurring so I can only clearly see directly in front of me.

I blink a few times and stand up straighter than before, taking a deep breathe and closing the locker door. The need for air intensifies as I breathe in deeper and deeper, it cools my throat as it travels through me.

I start walking through the halls, wanting to get through this day as soon as possible as I make it to my first period early and sit down. I lay my head down and rest it in between my elbow. My head pounds and a ringing sounds through my ears.

Trying to distract myself I think about a girls whisper from before,

'Madeline is trying to get River to date her!'

'Yea but she's failing miserably, River doesn't date!'

'Yea but.. like.. if he did date anyone it would be Madeline.'

'That's an if Caroline, I thought you didn't like What ifs?'

'well there's also a rumor that she was doing something.... with her stepbrother'

'Seriously!?'

'Yeah they stopped though! Don't worry! He said he had business to do and couldn't deal with her drama anymore'

'Who's her stepbrother?'

'Oh it's Ki-'

I don't usually care about popular-people drama, but anything that involves pain to Madeline makes me care just a sliver more.

She used to bully the only friend I had in through fourth to eighth grade as well as me, before any of this stuff happened. Even before Kingston moved here in sixth grade.

My best friend was named Melanie, she had soft red hair and was the only person who was nice to me. She was friends with my sister too, but she moved away because of Madeline's bullying. I was fine with her bullying me, but Madeline took my only friend away from me. Then my family took my chance away of ever being good enough, pretty, happy. 

It all went down hill after eight grade. With the day of the storm, the blood, the thunder, the guns. Everything was bad, maybe Madeline did save me the pain of pushing my best friend away.

I couldn't have kept it a secret from Melanie...

And I'd be dead.

The bell rings too loudly today, students screaming in the halls and rushing into the classroom all too noisily for my sensitive mind. Every time my body aches when I move, my wrists swelling against the bandages and pulsating from the pain. But the only emotions I feel are bad now, so it's kind of normal.

As soon as everybody is in the room I'm left with a random girl by my side, black hair and brown eyes. She was beautiful, making me feel bad being a nobody who only wears black garbage bags.

Mrs Carezlan walks into the room with a coffee in her hand, reading glasses perched on her nose. She clears her throat and lays her stuff down on her desk, she looks around the room and sees every chair is full. Including River making out with Madeline in the corner, I guess making him date her is going better than every one thought.

Kingston is very angry.

Maybe he's stuck up on her?

All I know is that Kingston hates Madeline, but maybe with my recent knowledge it's because he likes her still. I'm pretty sure he's her stepbrother.

She clears her throat louder, this time to alarm them that they should stop. River slowly turns his head to her, red swollen lips in a pouted form. His hands leave Madeline's face making her angry and he looks forward to Mrs Carezlan, turning his entire body to her with his arms crossed restlessly at his chest as he leans back on his chair.

Kingston's angry blue eyes meet mine, his eyes roaming over my body as I move my head to look at Mrs Carezlan again. He grins to himself from my reaction and leans over his desk.

I gulp whatever emotion I was feeling down, leaving my face resting as I listen to whatever the fake blonde Mrs Carezlan was teaching today.