part 4

Hope you enjoy

///////////////////////////////////////////////

Maou's Pov

"Suzuno we're gonna need to make our way through the pile of rocks. Sadly I can't blow through the rocks so we're just gonna have to take them apart one by one." She nods and we start getting through the rock wall carefully.

Emi's Pov

I reach the shoreline about an hour after taking off from the castle. I land on the shore line and see some fisherman. I deactivate my powers and walk towards them. They see me and immediately get suspicious. "I heard there was some demon sittings around here. Could you tell me where?" They look at each other before speaking. "If you walk a long the shore to your left, you'll come across a network of tunnels dug into the sand. That's all we've heard so don't blame us if you get killed". I thank them for the information and go down the shore line. I admire the water and about ten minutes later I can see tunnels dug into the ground. There's so many tunnels dug that I can't even count how many. The tunnels are a little bit taller than I am and it's almost a straight drop down. I active my powers and start to drop down. I float down slowly and I hit the bottom. It's pitch black and I'm met with a putrid smell. I cover my nose, but it does nothing to stomp out the stench. I summon a fireball and it illuminates the area. I see rotting animals and people surrounded by pools of blood and decayed flesh. I immediately feel blood lust behind me and turn around to see glowing eyes in the dark. "I'm only here to talk. It is very important that we resolve this without violence." My sword is just going crazy do to the overwhelming blood lust I'm feeling. "You don't seem quite human to me. What are you?". I make the fireball bigger to make the area easier to see. I'm taken aback at how disgusting it is and take a step back. It's some mix of a Caterpillar and a pry mantis. "I'm only here to talk. Why are you here and not in the demon realm? It raises it's claws before speaking. "I've been here since King Satan came to this world. When his army's got defeated, I fled and I've been here ever since." I feel some sort of pity for this demon. "Satan is alive. He's rebuilt his castle and has been living peacefully with the Enter Islans." The demon hates what I'm saying and launches at me and goes swinging his claws. I block the attacks, but the the force is pushing me back due to me have to me keeping a light source in one hand. "You're an Ente Islan, you won't stop until you kill everything you don't understand." I start to get angry and attack. "Are you any better than me!? I did what I had to do! We aren't any different!?" I stop fighting and realize something. I did what I had to do, but why do I feel guilt over it? I come back to my thoughts, but not before being slashed across the chest causing me to cough up blood. "You're worthless Ente Islan. You don't deserve to live!" I find anger in my thoughts and take it out on the demon. "SHUT UP!" I move the hand towards the demon and let out a river of flames burning the demon alive. It lays lifeless on the ground, but all the other times I've killed, I've felt nothing for them, but this time is different. I feel guilt over what I just did, but it couldn't be helped. I regain my composure and fly out of the sand like dungeon. I collapse the area so no one will know what happened and start to head back to the castle.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

hope you enjoy