part 3

Hope you enjoy

///////////////////////////////////

Maou's Pov

I fly over the land and see nothing out of the ordinary, just farmers and people searching for fallen weapons and armor. After a few minutes of no sightings of people I come across a person getting mugged by three cloaked figures. I descend behind them and put one of my hands on two of the figures using my magic to make them unconscious. The third one turns around and fear strikes his eyes. He tries to run, but I grab the back of his neck and hold him hostage. "Why'd you try to steal from this girl?" He tries to struggle before speaking. "She has huge bounty on her head. She's commited murder in the past and there's been a bounty placed on her head gor two years." I knock him unconscious and walk towards the girl, but she doesn't step back in fear. "Thank you Maou." I'm caught off gaurd by the use of my name. "How do you know my name?" She pulls back her hood and I recognize her face. "Suzuno I haven't seen you in two years. Where have you been?" She searches the fallen men's pockets before speaking. "Well two years ago the council turned on me after not being able to kill you. I made it out before they could catch me and I've been on the run ever since. Aside from people trying to capture me it's been going good." I laugh a little. She wears her hair straight down except its a little past her shoulders to her upper back. She wears a kimono, like she weared when we first met, but it's torn off to come up to skirt level. "I'm actually on a mission right now. There's been a demon sighting where I'm heading now. You want to come along?" She smiles and excepts my offer offer and we begin to fly.

(1 hour later)

We fly for quite a while and I see Suzono is visibly tired. We come upon the shore line a few minutes later we land. Suzuno catches her breath and I examen the shore line. I come across a cave and call Suzono over. "You only found a cave. What makes you think any demon is in here?" I cast a light spell and we begin to walk inside. "Well if I were a demon and well I am, I'd want to go to a place away from prying eyes and some place dark." She shrugs in an accepting way. We eventually get to a two way split and Suzono put a hand in front of me. "We're not gonna split up, so just let me handle this." She puts her hands on the ground and magic energy starts to radiate from her.  "Movement on the left side and no movement on the right." She didn't use that kinda magic when we fought. "Where'd you get that kinda magic from?" She smirks and speaks. "When you're getting chased for two years it's good to be able to know where people are. I send echolocation like magic pulses and it tells me what's in front of me." I sarcastically clap and we begin walking. We walk and I see a pressure plate. Before I can warn Suzono sbe steps on it but nothing happens. "Be more careful please, that could've ended baddly for both of us." She apologized and something from the rock ceiling and lands on the ground. I shine more light on it and see it's a bomb. I quickly shield Suzuno and it blows up caving in on top of us. I hold up the rocks with my arms and make a magical barrier around Suzuno and I. I let the rocks fall on the barrier and slump to the ground. "Maou are you ok!?" Suzuno uses a light spell and shines up the area. We're caved in on both sides and I can feel my chest leaking blood. She shines the light on my chest and it's bleading baddly. I summon flames on one of my fingers and drag it across my open wounds burning them shut. "I'm defiantly gonna get scolded when I get back to the castle.

////////////////////////////////////////////////

Hop you enjoy