Ah, the sweet satisfaction of saying, "I told you so."

Start from the beginning

Just then, several flight attendants came charging towards us, three of them gripping first-aid kits, all of them with expressions of utmost worry. However, the concern dissipated when they caught sight of us. That's when I realized the two of us were in quite the compromising position. I was on his lap, our faces practically brushing against each other. 

I shot upright and away from Logan as fast as I could. I flashed an awkward smile at the attendants, some of whom were exchanging grins with their coworkers. Right. This wasn't uncomfortable whatsoever. 

"Nothing to worry about here," I announced, picking up my bag and backing away towards the bathroom. One of the attendants began giggling right as I slipped into the bathroom, and I closed the door, feeling heat rise to my face. 

That wasn't mortifying at all. 

What's with you, Sparrow? I thought to myself as I pulled a pair of black jeans out of my bag. So you fell on his lap--big deal. You're a big girl, it's not like you haven't been put in compromising situations before

Exactly. But then why didn't my heartbeat feel quite right?

I tried to brush aside the incident as I seized a white blouse Whatever, it's nothing, I thought over and over again. Don't make such a big deal out of something so little. Next item in my hand was a dark blue blazer. 

By the time I was securing my hair into a messy chignon, I had set aside all the embarrassment. I zipped up the light brown ankle boots before proceeding to exit the bathroom, only to walk straight into Logan. 

You know what, I take my back my prayers to the stars. Clearly, they hadn't been simply generous. I still had to be put in an embarrassing situation since I didn't have some oversized gown to do the embarrassing for me. 

"Took you long enough," Logan grumbled as I stumbled backwards. 

"Beauty takes time," I argued. My bodyguard stared at me, a brow raised as he cocked his head to the side. Then, his fingers came up to brush a loose strand of my hair behind my ear. 

"I didn't realize beauty like this looked the same as ugly," he smirked. I scowled at him, but he ruffled my hair and disappeared into the bathroom. The door was shut and locked before I was even given the chance to utter a threat. 

"Don't be rude just because you're not as good-looking as me, Cross," I called out loudly before dragging my backpack over to my seat. Since the incident with the turbulence was still fresh in my mind (put aside, yes, but the memory was still there), I left my bag on my seat by the window and then collapsed onto a seat on the right aisle. 

The sparkling skyscrapers of Riveria could now be seen and the glass buildings twinkled like a handful of polished diamonds. My eyes flickered to a close as I recalled my last memories of the city. It was an August afternoon and the rivers running through the city never looked so blue, the surface sparkling like the aquamarine tails of mermaids. I could almost hear the chatter from guests seated on balconies that belonged to old-fashioned bistros, jutting out above the rivers. 

I'm almost home. 

"Don't fall asleep now," said Logan's voice. "We're almost close to landing."

I opened my eyes to gaze up at Logan. He had changed into a simple white t-shirt accompanied by a dark blue jacket with a grey hood sewed on, and his black jeans were stuffed into his brown boots. He hadn't bothered to flatten his hair, so several strands stuck up at odd angles thanks to the amount of naps we took during the flight. 

"Pray tell, my dear bodyguard, what's our game plan once we get off this plane?" I asked as I struggled to sit upright.  

Logan slid into the seat across from me. "Once we land, there'll be five cars waiting for us. Two in the front, one in the middle for us to ride in, and two in the back," he informed me. "We'll be taking the country road to the palace."