Safe

Everything processed quickly. "They led us here. Hurry, we have to get out of the open."

It was too late, the gates to close the cafeteria started to come down. There was no time to move. Either way he would be out of here without me in any circumstance I can think of.

***************************
I looked around and got a a quick observation of everything. If anything was going to go down its going to happen now. The gate has ten seconds till it closes. I quickly tossed Max my phone.

"Here call Jakob fast." I flipped a lunch table and brought it closer to us, so we were pressed to the door and the table blocked us from anything. I looked over at Max. "Max what the fuck are you doing?" I quickly snatched my phone. The bell should be ringing, should I wait?

I dialed Jakob and passed my phone, "here." I heard no movement and quickly punched the bottom of the of the door. I felt the sharp pain go up my arm. I had already punched through one door with this hand.

"Remy, what the fuck are you doing?!" I punched it again with my left hand knowing I wasn't going to do much damage but I had to get out of this situation. I looked at Max to see that he wasn't talking on the phone. He didn't even have Jakob's contact on the screen, he had canceled the phone call. I stop everything I was doing.

"Max what are you doing?" I said in a calm voice. Is this a test for me? He didn't say anything he just had a scared look on his face. "Max what the fuck is going on?" I gave him a cold look.

"I know just as much as you do?" I grabbed his upper arm, he was lying. He's heart was beating so fast and hard I could feel it in he's arm.

"Max what did you do?" He didn't say anything, he just looked down. "Fine." I kicked the bottom of the door and it broke apart. I quickly grabbed Max and pushed him through and went after him.

"Oh my god! You just broke the door!" He looked at the door touching the pieces I had broke off. I grabbed him and quickly walked to my car. I opened the back sit and pushed him in. "Can you stop pushing me!" I got in and started the car. "Can you talk to me, please?" I reversed the car and took off out of there.

"I'm taking you to my place so you'll be safe there." I called Jakob. "Hey I'm coming home and I have Max with me. Yeah something happened at school so we'll be there in a while. "Yeah thanks." With that I hung up and continued home.

When we got there I opened Max's door and grabbed him out shoving him to the door. I pushed him in and looked around outside for anything unfamiliar. Cleared, I followed him inside.

"Wow, this place is nice. I didn't think it'll be so clean with a bunch of boys living here." Max looked around for a bit until I nodded to him.

"Yeah Max, we're not animals. Come on let's get you somewhere safe." I led him to the confidence room. "You can wait here until 4 and I can take you home." I started to the door.

"Wait aren't you going to wait with me? I don't want to be by myself." He looked around the room, scared. There was no windows just a bunch of chairs and a round table.

"You'll be fine I'll be waiting outside the door." I closed the door behind me and locked it. There was something going on and I wanted to know. There's no way Max was going to tell me.

"Let's go check in with Hunter." Jakob had been standing by the door the whole time. He said what I was thinking. We went upstairs to Hunters room to see if he had anything on the cameras set up in the school. "Hunter is with Ray just in case someone was fallowing you so we're gonna do this on our own."

We walked into the room and saw that the computer was already logged into. I sat in the chair and tried to go back to the beginning of the day. We watched as Max and me walked to school and into the class room. Jakob glared at me when I twisted his arm. We watched to see if anything was happening in the hallway while we were in class. There was nothing to see that wasn't weird, just kids going to the restroom and kids running late to class. Then we got to the part when I run off to follow Winnie.

"Really Archer? You're chasing tail instead of watching Max." he went to hit the back of my head but I quickly ducked down.

"First of all she's not some tail she's- Look." Dylan glared and looked at Max. Max looked just as pissed off. They both watched us walk off before they looked at each other. Max quickly looked away and walked off to the next class while Dylan followed me. I watched him jog around the library and opened a door to the outside and slammed it hard. I saw Jakob looking at the video hard. I knew he wasn't going to miss anything so I looked for Winnie.

I watched all the other cameras to see if I could find her. A part of me needed to make sure she was safe, then I saw her. Her head was down and she had her books clutched to her chest. She was back up stairs and walking to her class slowly, wiped her face and smiled. I'm guessing the bell rang because she looked up and quickly walked into class.

"You really had to break two doors? All because of that little shit head? I'm not going to lie, he had you going. Telling one of the janitors to close the cafeteria gates and lock the doors." Jakob let out a huff of air as to be a laugh. "You had Max scared as hell, but you didn't look as scared."

"I wasn't scared, man. I just had so much shit on my mind. I really thought something was going to go down. You can't tell me that you would think that there was something up with all that crazy shit!" He looked at me and shrugged.

"Yeah I mean maybe. You acted fast so that's good, you did what you were meant to do in a situation like that. This why I wanted you to do this. In a school setting you can't just kill you have to think before you put yourself or anyone else in harms way. Tony would've pulled a gun out, but you thought of a way out instead of just fighting." He started to walk out of the room. "Good work Archer." With that he left the room.

I sat there for a bit looking at the cameras. Something didn't sit right with me, it was Max. There was something wrong about this. There wasn't proof that he told Dylan anything. He didn't even want to look at him. Something about this whole thing throw me off.

I turned off the computer and walked out the room, Jogged down the stairs into the room where I left Max. I slowly unlocked the door and opened it. Max was laying on the table stomach down, listening to music while a playing a game on his phone. I quietly walked over to him and snatched his feet, flipping them and pulling them toward me. He let out the most girliest scream, sending me back.

Next thing I knew all the guys circled around us inside and outside the room. They looked ready to fight and kill. I looked around and laughed as Max grabbed his chest where his heart is.

"You scared the living shit out of me!" Max got to his feet and hit my chest. "Why? Why must you do that shit?!" Then he looked around and I could see him start to get embarrassed and upset.

"I thought you were supposed to protect him not fucken kill him." Tony was the first to break the little silence.

"Cool down Tony they're just having some fun." Matt came after. He looked at Max and placed a hand on he's shoulder. "Must be fun to have this punk watching over you?" Matt gave a little chuckle. "You must be pretty cool if even he likes to joke with you." This time his head went back in a laugh.

"Yeah I guess I'm okay." Max gave a forced laugh and moved a nonexistent hair behind his ear. "We joke around like this sometimes now that we're always kind of together." They both laughed at that.

I watched as Matt took him into the living room. Everyone walked out but one. Tony stared at me from outside the door way, looking into my eyes with nothing to say. I almost looked away with the tension rising up but I didn't, I stared just as intense as him. He finally broke the silence.

"I saw what you did at school today. You got him out of the situation as fast as you could I guess. Maybe if you didn't worry so much about that chick you wouldn't have gone through all that trouble in the first place." He shrugged his shoulders and walked off.

Even when I thought he was going to say some nice shit, he had to flip it. I fallowed him out and locked the door behind me. I did what I had to do so it didn't matter to me what he thought. The guys were in the living room playing games while Max just watched and talked to some of the guys. It was cool to not have to be on guard here. I knew he was safe and so was I.

That word was weird to me. To be completely Safe.