Rescue

(A/N : pic shown is my drawing that I have done for this chapter.)

Surges of pain flashed through Drift's frame. The pain was unbearable for him as more of his life essence left from his failing systems. He barely comprehended if anymore would be left for him to stay online. His optic was dimmed and his spark beat was becoming weaker, losing life as time passed. His body demanded recharge but he refused to give in and let stasis consume him. He needed to stay online. He had to hold on just a bit longer... for Rodimus. His best friend.

Drift breathed heavily through his intake as he soon heard gunshots from several hallways down. The sounds of fighting filled his audio receptors as he layed on the ground in a heap of energon.

Pedesteps were heard, Drift thought that maybe one of the rogue decepticons were coming to finish him once and for all, he was to be proved wrong. A splash a red-orange paintjob was shown through his blurry vision as the figure ran to his cell. As the cell was hastily opened, the figure approached him quickly. Falling to their knees, Drift was hoisted into their lap resulting him to groan in discomfort of jostling his wounds. Staring up, Drift could see bright blue optics staring back down at him with worry.

"Drift?"

"R-Rodimus?" The captain nodded.

"Yeah. I'm here buddy. I'm here, it's going to be alright. You're going to be just fine."

"Thank goodness." Drift relaxed in his friend's arms. His helm slumped against his chassis, hearing the familiar sound of Rodimus's spark. "I so want to get out of here." He whispered. Rodimus chuckled lightly, "Yeah, me too." Very carefully, Rodimus lifted Drift slowly to hopefully to not not jostle his wounds further. Every few seconds Drift would grunt and keeping from cussing to himself in cybertronian. Rodimus apologized constantly as he continued slowly maneuvering until Drift was settled on his back. Seeing Drift's sword across from him, he made his way to pick it up, as well as Drift's leg.

Running out of the cell, Rodimus ran through the hallways of the hideout back to the source of fighting, he could see Ultra Magnus and Cyclonus fending off the rogue decepticons. "Guys! I found him! Let's go!" Rodimus ordered. Drift sighed in relief knowing that he won't be in this horrible place ever again. Being near Rodimus like this, he felt safe... secure... protected. His EM field radiated with relief and content to Rodimus to where his EM field radiated the same.

The entrance to the hideout displayed itself as the group reached the outside. "Alright Drift, I'm going to transform and whatever you do, don't let go." With a curt nod of his helm, the Prime transformed with Drift settled on the top of his alt mode as the group floored it back to the Lost Light.

"Ratchet, this is Rodimus." Rodimus commed. "We have Drift, get the medbay ready, he is in need of serious repairs. Rodimus out." Ending the com, Rodimus glanced at Drift seeing that he had passed out. Taking that as a sign to book it back to the ship quickly.

'Don't worry Drift. You'll be okay. Just hang on a bit longer.'

On the Lost Light...

Every crew member were in the hallways, as they saw Rodimus, Ultra Magnus, and Cyclonus with Drift. All optics were wide in the condition he was in. Rodimus transformed, holding Drift close to his chassis and hurried to the medbay. The medbay doors was clear in his sights he bursted through the doors. You may almost think that he broke though them. If he did, that's the least of his concerns right now.

"Ratchet!!" He called desperately.

Ratchet came as quickly as he can, "Put him over there." He hurriedly said, gesturing the the empty medberth. Rodimus wasted no time and did as he was told. Gently setting him down, grabbing Drift's severed leg, Ratchet took it so that he could reattach it. The old bot shooed Rodimus out of the medbay so he could concentrate on fixing Drift. Rodimus waited outside, leaning against the wall and slid down the floor. Drift was safe. That was what mattered. Holding Drift's sword, which by the way, was still covered in his energon. It needed to be cleaned, but he would have to wait until Drift had woken up. His optics dropped as recharge welcomed him with open arms and so he closed his optics knowing that Drift was safe and where he belonged. Sighing, Rodimus recharged with a smile on his face plate.

(A/N : Next chapter - Road to Recovery)