fourteen

"Gin!"

"Hermione? Sorry, the reception is so bad here! Why can't we practice somewhere with good cell service?" Ginny grumbled.

"Pansy's getting married!"

Ginny shrieked, and Hermione held the phone far away from her ear. "What? And she didn't tell me?"

"You're at practice, Gin," Hermione said. "She did invite you."

"Ugh, I know. I wanted to go but Coach said that this practice was essential."

"The Cup's coming up soon, isn't it?"

"Yeah! I've got tickets for all of you."

"I'm excited."

"Me too. Hey, I've got to go, but tell Pansy congrats for me!" Ginny said.

"I will," Hermione promised, hanging up.

"Hey," Hermione said, opening the door for Draco.

"Hey," he replied, his crooked smile appearing on his face. "Has Pansy started texting you the wedding plans yet?"

"No. She shared a folder with me online, and I saw that she's set the date for two months from now?"

"Yeah. She and Theo want to have it as soon as possible." He took off his jacket and slung it over the coat hook. "She came to the shop today. It'll take Luna and I ages to get all of the arrangements done. But it's for Pansy, so it's worth it."

"Yeah," Hermione said, looking out the window. Suddenly remembering what Ginny had said, she said, "Ginny got us all tickets for the Cup."

"She did?" Draco said, eyes lighting up. "Blaise is going to be so excited."

"He probably knows already. He goes to all of her games," Hermione said. She sighed. "I'm glad that they're happy together. Blaise told me once that he was worried that no one would ever want to love him, since he was a Slytherin and all. I told him that was ridiculous, because we had dated-"

"You and Blaise dated?" Draco asked incredulously, shock evident on his face.

Hermione giggled. "Don't be like that. We dated for a month, then we realized that we were better of as friends. Plus, he'd gotten a crush on Ginny."

"Ah," Draco said.

"You're cold," Hermione said as he came over and gave her a hug from behind.

"You're warm," he countered, giving her a kiss on the cheek. She smiled at him and he grinned back, leaning against the kitchen counter.

A letter simply popped into existence in front of Hermione. Startled, she caught it as it fell out of the air.

To Miss Hermione Jean Granger.

She looked up at Draco, and saw that he'd received one as well. He raised his eyebrows. "What is this all about?"

"I don't know," she replied, tearing hers open.

You are invited to the twentieth annual Alumni Ball. It will be held at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, on July Seventeenth, from six o'clock to midnight. This is a black tie affair, please dress accordingly.
Sincerely,
Minerva McGonagall, Headmistress