Chapter: 18

No One's POV

M-21 and M-24 stood side by side while looking at the only entrance to the room where they were waiting for the 2 powerful strangers they had recently met "Do you think it'll be okay?" M-24 asked turning to M-21 who didn't take his eyes off the entrance "This is the only way at the moment." he replied with a serious look "But we have no idea who they are." M-24 said with concern over his face but both males were startled and turned around quickly when they heard a voice speak from behind them "The same goes here." along with the sound of 2 pair of footsteps. M-21 and M-24 watch as the 2 familiar men from before walk out of the shadows "That we don't know about you..." Frankstein continued and stopped a few feet away from them 'I thought I was wrong when we first met, but feel the odd sense this time as well.' M-24 thought to himself and slightly squinted his eyes 'Are they really the NoBlesse as we guessed?' but he seemed puzzled at the fact that he felt this from one of them and not both "I warned you. But you called the kids again..." Frankstein began with a deadly glint in his eyes as he narrowed them down on both males before him, M-21 and M-24 grit their teeth as M-21 explained the reason for it "I called to meet you guys. there was no other way to reach you two. and we may help you." He said with clenched fists by his sides "Help?" Frankstein repeated with a questioning face "you may well know that those kids are in danger." M-21 statement did not go well over to either Frankstein nor Rai as they both glared at the other 2 "Although we attacked those kids, we knew that they didn't witness anything. we just messed around with them. if we meant to kill them, we didn't need to stall. we had our chances. We didn't even think of them after you two." M-21 explained and went on with Frankstein and Rai listening attentively "We had no reason to risk it. it wasn't even related to our mission to begin with." M-21 concluded as M-24 added on from there "But they found out about them. They decided not to leave any one who could be a possible witness." Frankstein questioned them again "they?" M-24 face went sour "I believe you've met them." Frankstein thought back to the man and woman from before at Shinwu's apartment complex.

Rai stood beside Frankstein silent and listened to their conversation "They are responsible for the hospital incident?" Frankstein asked but had a hunch that is was indeed only to have M-21 confirm it "Yes. the man you wounded is well known to be violent within the organization. Since he got hurt, he will be even more violent from now on. and the kids wont get away from him." Frankstein began to wonder why they were suddenly helping them "and you're telling us this, why?" Frankstein had another sneaking suspicious that they were trying to save their own lives "We're in a bad situation for leaving the kids alive. We left a clue for the organization to suspect us." Frankstein hand balled up in a fist slightly "What's that go to do with this? you could have told them the kids don't have to be eliminated." M-24 spoke first and then M-21 did "Unfortunately, there's a guy who wants us dead. To people like us, who could get eliminated anytime, those suspicions lead to death." M-24 faced down for a brief moment "To avoid being killed we need to kill the kids. But we cant do that, so there's only 1 option. It's inevitable that you will be exposed to the organization. So the organization would focus on yu two, and wont have the time to be suspicious of us." M-21 finishes up explaining to them of their plan "we want to know more about your organization." M-21 slightly scrunches his nose in refusal "We wont know for sure. Information is not given to low level members like us. even if we knew, we wouldn't tell you." when Frankstein said nothing, M-21 smirked slightly "Our hands are tied. we are only warning you because our lives are at stake. we have questions for you guys, but we are holding them in. Honestly, informing the organization about you two is the best way to get away from the organization's radar." Frankstein returned the smirk "I see. we should get what's best for both of us." The only one who remained silent with a serious face was Rai.

-LOACTION CHANGE TO DOWNTOWN CONVIENCE STORE-

Miyuki stood in front of the store and entered hearing a tiny bell announce her arrival. She gave a small nod to the cashier who said hello, and proceeded to grab the things she needed. She had more than what she needed in her basket of goodie, they had a promotional sale for a cheesecake pocky flavor. She also grabbed some juice and snacks for when they go and visit the Counselor again. She also added Coffee pudding to her basket. Coffee pudding was her next best favorite on her snack list, pocky always came first. Miyuki was happy with her bounty and heads for the cashier who was playing games on her phone. The cashier looked up and put her phone aside, she scanned all of Miyuki's treats and necessities. Miyuki paid for it but had to wait for the cashier to get a bag for all of her stuff. Miyuki was left standing at the counter facing the cigarettes and lotter that were safely kept behind a plastic case. She was starring at a specific brand of cigarettes, and could see a blurry silhouette with a bright background start to fade in from the back of her mind. She began to feel nauseous and a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach. There was a very foggy memory that appeared in her mind but she could see the figure reach a hand out towards her. Miyuki realized her hand moved on its own and began to reach out at nothing but the counter before her. She held it with her other arm as the cashier came back and bagged all of her things. They bid each other a farewell and Miyuki made her way out of the store. She stepped out staring at her feet and looked up at the dark sky, and just stood there. The figure lingered in her mind even after leaving the store. It was almost like she could smell the cigarette and their scent overpowered her, She couldn't breathe. More memories began bubbling up and festering in her mind, going to the front of her thoughts like a headlight. she can hear their hazy voice fading in and out, calling for her...needing her...wanting her. She was so zoned out that she didn't notice a tall figure approach her from the side. She jumped once the figure placed their hand on her shoulder, her eyes widen at who it was. She didn't expect to see a familiar face so suddenly.

-LOCATION CHANGE TO BUILDING UNDER CONSTRUCTION-

The 4 males there finished up their conversation, and Frankstein threw a card with his contact information on it "Contact me here, from now on." M-21 caught it with ease between his middle and index finger "I hope you don't contact the students any more". M-21 gave a slight nod "Fine" but before M-21 and M-24 could leave Frankstein asked for the phone they stole from Yuna. M-24 obliged with their demand and tossed Frankstein back the phone. Rai turned on his heel "Let's go." he said to Frankstein, who then turned to the other 2 "Excuse us" he said and followed behind Rai. Frankstein and Rai disappeared in the dark corridor, leaving M-21 and M-24 to think aloud to themselves. M-24 was the first to break the silence "He fought Jake, but he's perfectly fine." M-24 grit his teeth knowing he would be hurt badly if he went up against Jake "It means it was a one-sided game." M-21 commented with M-24 asking him "Then who's the guy that blondie is serving?" Neither of them said anything after that an left the building as quickly as they came. Meanwhile Rai and Frankstein were walking in silence when Rai suddenly spoke up "Frankstein. I want to know something" Frankstein turned his head to look at Rai "Yes, what is it?" Rai spoke with a serious tone making Frankstein worry "I wanted to know this since I came into this world. I thought it over and over but couldn't find the answer." Frankstein had a look of concern over his perfect facial features 'What could it be?' he thought to himself as Rai finally asked him "Is it Kimchi or picked radish that goes well with Ramen?" Frankstein was taken back but the question "Pardon?" he asked thinking he heard wrong "Shinwu says it's kimchi, but Ikhan says its picked radish..." Rai said turning his head over to Frankstein and then looked forward again "But I cant figure it out, I can't get this question out of my head." Rai continued with Frankstein giving him a bewildered look from behind "S-Shall I make a bowl?" Frankstein asked thinking Rai might be hungry "What? You can cook ramen?" Frankstein could hear excitement from Rai tone of voice "yes." Rai wasn't smiling but his surrounding were awfully bright and happy.

-time skip-

Rai and Frankstein were walking along a sidewalk back to their home "What do you think about what they said?" Frankstein asked Rai who responded with "Well. I'm not sure, but I'm sure they were telling a lie." Frankstein was confused "A lie?" to which Rai explained "They contacted us for something bigger than just their lives. Big enough for me to sense strong will from them.." Frankstein asked quickly "Master was it a mistake to accept their offer?" But Rai said nothing in return "It wont be easy from now on. humans are different from what you used to know a long time ago." Frankstein said with closed eyes and a sigh. Frankstein began to doubt his ability to serve Rai "For now, I don't even have any info on them. After you disappeared, I laid low myself. How you disappeared or why you disappeared, everything was unclear and so I had to hide and stay low. because of that I don't have any info that you need right now." Rai turned to look at Frankstein with a serious aurora "Frankstein. I believe in your decisions. whatever it is under any circumstances I will always trust you." A strong wind blew past Rai and into Franksteins golden locks, pushing it backwards as if reassuring Frankstein, Rai thought of him worthy to serve him. Frankstein was over joyed with the reassurance from his master, and smiled brightly behind Rai.

(Next update will be 09/25/19)