-Lee Felix as he Answers a Call, Resulting in Returned Brownies-

"Who's that even for?" Changbin gestured to the pan of brownies on the table beside Felix's Korean book, arching an eyebrow.

"Zhong Chenle. I kinda owe him this at least," Felix clears his throat, repeating his pronunciation.

"No, it's haa, not ha," Changbin points out before leaning forward on his elbows. "What do you owe him for?"

"Eh, little things," Felix shrugs.

"You're kinda making it seem like it's not a little situation."

"Why are you so curious?" Felix scoffs, patting Changbin's chin with a thin smile. "Can't you just give me a kiss and forget about it?"

Changbin pauses, nodding. "Good enough for me," he smiles leaning forward to press a chaste kiss to Felix's lips. "Just that, if he doesn't accept it, don't throw it away. I want some brownies."

Felix blushes as when Changbin presses another kiss to him, humming. "Go to class, see ya?"

"I have a date with Chan too you know," Felix scrunches his nose with a smile, Changbin huffing.

"Fine. Meet ya at home," Changbin frowns, but waves as Felix gathers his stuff, walking out the library. He practically skips down the stairs with the pan of brownies, a wide smile plastered on his face, no matter how many times he tries to shake it off.

Felix doesn't remember the last time he was this happy, doesn't remember the last time he's smiled this wide. To be honest, he almost forgets all his problems with Changbin! What did Edward say to Bella? You're like a drug to me? Or some bullshit like that, Felix doesn't remember. Like my personal brand of heroin. Felix considered that quote to be so dumb but it was true. So fucking true as Felix could never get enough of Changbin. Ugh, he can't believe he considered himself straight before him.

Taking a hand off the brownie pan, he touches his lips, giggling right after as he continues toward his classes. He might- no he is getting weird looks from the other students but who gives a shit? He was in love- in love with mother-fucking Seo Changbin at that- and he liked him back.

So he skips into his classroom, near-empty as he was still early, with Zhong Chenle sleeping near the back. And when Felix sits to his desk next to Chenle, too happy and nice to wake up the motherfucker, he settles the pan and his phone on the table, looking through his back for his notebook and laptop.

However, before he could even boot up the thing, his phone buzzed on the table, half expecting a text from Changbin- only to be met with his sister's name across the screen, the green answer button so obnoxious on the screen, practically begging him to answer.

He stares at it a moment longer, then to Chenle, though asleep beside him. The guy was just tired today, huh?

But this shouldn't ruin his good mood. This shouldn't- it shouldn't- he should take the call...

He rushes outside, leaving all his things at his desk before he takes the call, pressing the phone to his ear and answering with a shaky, "Hello?"

"Felix, I'm sorry Olivia hung up on you last time, she couldn't bear how heartbroken she was," a soft voice replied. "She couldn't call you today, and I decided that you should know the truth as well."

"Sis, what do you mean?"

"Ma she... She's gone." A sticky silence settled between them, Felix slowly taking a seat at the stairs leading to the building.

"What do you mean she's gone?"

"I mean she passed away Felix," Rachel mumbled, quietly that Felix almost didn't catch it. Or maybe he didn't want to accept it, as he choked on his breath, swallowing. "See, the year you moved to Korea, as the year they diagnosed her with Tuberculosis. Olivia stayed with her, and with Pa still in the hospital and whatnot, she just couldn't seek medical help like that. Even if we were to cut Pa's expenses, as he requested, we just couldn't. Treatment was way more expensive."

"Why didn't she tell me?"

"Felix, understand that her not answering was a way to keep you happy."

"How was that a way to keep me fucking happy?! I was hurting because I thought you all abandoned me!" Felix yelled out, voice cracking.

"But at least you knew Ma was still alive. You can't be angry at a person forever, you understand?" His sister started hiccuping, choking on her breath and sounding as if she's trying to cover her mouth. "Felix, please don't be angry at Ma anymore. She was just trying to- to make you happy."

Felix felt wet streams fall from his cheeks, breath stuttering as he tried to take a deep breath. He tried to keep his composure, clenching his fists, shutting his eyes, biting his lip.

"You guys could've at least told me something!" Felix opens his eyes, trying to wipe at his eyes. Why was he crying? Why did he cry? For a mother he thought abandoned him, he cried more than he wished- "I could've helped-"

"With What money Felix? I listened to every single one of your voicemails to her.  I'm sorry you had to go to through that and listening to your voicemails, it just completed Ma's decision."

"Is- Is there any way to save Pa?" Felix muttered low.

"A kidney transplant. He's been on the list for years, he finally got called up."

"How much is it?"

---

"He didn't accept the brownies?" Felix blinked as he felt arms around his waist, Changbin hugging him from behind, humming into his back.

"I guess not," Felix mumbled, hands clenching onto the marbled counter.

"It's alright. You'll think of another way to repay him," Changbin hummed. "At least we have brownies now."

Felix nods slowly, pressing his lips together. He took a deep breath, slow and heavy, quiet so Changbin couldn't hear. However, Felix forgot that the older was seriously against his back, frowning when Felix stuttered on his breath.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Changbin crouched under Felix's arm, standing between the younger and the kitchen counter. How his eyebrows furrowed and his lips turned into a frown, it broke Felix's heart as... This is how it was meant to be, huh?

Was God really testing his faith? By killing his goddamned mother?! And having no choice but to accept that two million won just to save his father.

Changbin placed his hands on Felix's cheeks, the younger leaning into the warmth with a sigh.

"I'm fine. Just tired," Felix mumbled and shutting his eyes when Changbin pressed a kiss to Felix's forehead.

"Don't overwork yourself, I know you're trying to get more money, living in minimum wage and all that but, take it easy on yourself Lix," Changbin muttered softly, Felix nodding.

"Did you already eat?" Changbin pushes the blonde locks in front of Felix's eyes away.

"I'm not that hungry."

"Okay," Changbin wrapped himself around Felix, burying his face in Felix's neck. "Lix... When there's anything wrong, you would tell me right?"

Felix sighed but returns the embrace, nodding but sucking in a deep breath. He clutches at the back of Changbin's shirt, hiding in Changbin's neck- almost letting tears fall, blinking multiple times to keep from crying in front of Changbin for the millionth time. He's afraid if he keeps leaning onto the older, he'll become too dependent. And when Changbin leaves him- he doesn't want to cry, not now, not then. "Yeah. Of course, Binnie."