PART 7

Arnav was on his phone, while Khushi was busy selecting a dress for Anjali. It had been just 3 days after the Shyam fiasco and Arnav was waiting for the right time to tell them everything.
Anjali had forced Arnav to take Khushi to the mall, for shopping. She was not interested in buying anything for herself.
Khushi turned from the rack and collided.... for a change, to a small body. Khushi gasped, before going on her knees.
Khushi: "Are you O.K? "

############################################

"Aarav, oh god.... I'm really sorry... Are you o.k?"
Khushi: "He is fine. You should take better care of a child, when you are in a crowded place like this."
Aarav: "Don't talk to my mum like that!"
Khushi looked at him surprised.
Arnav reached there, then: "What is happening here?"
"Arnav! What a pleasant surprise."
Arnav: "Sheethal? What are you doing here?" And he looked at the boy confused.
Sheethal: "er... This is my son, Aarav. I just came from Canada 2 days back."
Khushi: "Who is this, Arnavji? "
Arnav: "Sheethal, was my classmate at Harvard."
Sheethal didn't like that Arnav introduced her just as a classmate, but fake smiled.
Khushi: "You are his friend? Hi.... I'm khushi, his wife. " She said excitedly "And you have a cute kid."
Aarav: "I'm not cute!" He frowned.
Arnav: "When did you come from London?"
Sheethal: "Just 2days back... Some personal issues."
Arnav: "Your husband? "
Sheethal in a sad tone: "I'm not married, Arnav... I'm a single mother."
Khushi looked at the two confused, as there was an awkward silence.
Khushi: "Mother is single right? One usually don't have two mothers, right? But... I do have two mothers.... " Khushi started her usual ramblings.
Arnav: "Khushi! She meant she is not married. "
Khushi: "Oh... Your family, Sheethalji?"
Sheethal: "They disowned me, because of Aarav."
Khushi: "oh... I'm really sorry... Where are you staying, Sheethalji? "
Sheethal: "The landlord said that it will take a few days, before he can handover the house. So currently staying in a hotel."
Khushi: "Haw.... Why are you staying at a hotel, when your friend is in the same city? Come and stay at Shantivan."
Sheethal: "Ha? But... But... I don't want to trouble you.... "
Arnav: "Khushi.... "
Khushi: "What trouble, Sheethalji? We have a huge house. You can stay there, till you get your house."
Arnav shook his head exasperated.
Sheethal: "Er... Ok... If you.... Insist.... But I have some things to settle, today.... I'll come tomorrow? "
Khushi: "I'll send Mohanji, tomorrow, to your hotel."

##############################################

Anjali: "When are your guests coming, Khushiji? "
Khushi: "They should be here anytime now."
The door bell rang right then and HP went to open the door.
Sheethal and Aarav stepped into the house and the first thing that Anjali noticed was how familiar Aarav looked.
Khushi: "Sheethalji... Aarav.... Come in, come in. Please be seated...... HPji please bring juice for them.... Sheethalji first have some juice then he will direct you to your rooms."
Sheethal: "Rooms? Khushi...  One room would have been ok!"
Khushi: "Nonsense! You see how large this house is... There are a lot of rooms free... "

################################################

M

ami: "Look how this chote packet is eating... Just like Arnav bitwa!"
Khushi stilled for a second hearing that. She brought the plate of jalebis she made, to the table.
Khushi: "Here, Aarav. Have some." He looked at the jalebis with a blank face.
Sheethal: "He can't have that Khushi..." Khushi looked at her confused. "He has diabetes."
Khushi: "Diabetes? At this age?"
Sheethal: "It's hereditary... His father has diabetes."
Mami: "Our Arnav bitwa too has diabetes."
Sheethal: "I know"
Anjali: "You do? You two were really good friends, ha?"
Sheethal: "er... Actually.. I was his girlfriend."
Everyone stilled at that. There was an awkward silence. Khushi kept a blank face. The men had gone to office while Khushi took a leave.

###############################################

It has been 5 days since Sheethal came to stay with them. Everyone were smitten with Aarav and as an extension to his mother.
The entire family was sitting in the living room, along with Aarav and Sheethal.
Sheethal was talking about their college time and about how She and Arnav used to be the captains of the basketball teams.
Khushi: "I have never seen you play, Arnavji. But again, when does the great ASR have time to play?!" She said sarcastically.
Sheethal: "Khushi... Don't talk to him, like that..." Khushi was surprised for a second and Sheethal didn't give her time to reply. "Arnav, how about we have a match tomorrow?"
Arnav: "Sure Sheethal."
Aarav: "Can I play too? Even I love basketball."
Arnav: "Sure champ."
Khushi: "Even I want to play."
Sheethal: "Do you even know, how to play?"
Khushi: "It's just a game Sheethalji. If I don't know, then I'll learn."

***********************************************************

Khushi took the ball in her hand and ran across the court.
Aarav: "That's a foul. You can't carry the ball like that!"
Sheetal: "What is this Arnav? She is spoiling the entire fun of the game."
Arnav looked at Khushi his anger evident on his face.
Arnav: "Why are you in the court when you clearly don't know how to play? Just go and sit with Di,  and Nani! "

Khushi lowered her head and walked out of the court. She sat there as her family kept comparing Aarav to Arnav, as some strangers said how they looked like the perfect family.
She didn't feel like staying there anymore and went away, none of her family noticed, or so she thought.

NK saw Khushi leaving and excused himself to go behind her. He stopped her before she reached the parking lot.
NK: Khushiji...  Are you ok?"
She pulled a smile on her face.
Khushi: "I'm fine, Nanheji. Why, What happened?"
NK:  "I don't know...  I just felt that you are sad."
Khushi: "Nothing like that Nanheji."
NK: "Khushiji...  If you want... I can teach you basketball... "
Khushi looked at him surprised.
Khushi:  "What?"
NK: "Woh... I didn't like the way they mocked you... So...  If you learn to play basketball, then they wouldn't be able to do that the next time. "
Khushi: "Next time? Why would there be a next time, Nanheji? They are guests and they will leave soon right? "
NK looked at the court to see Arnav, Aarav and Sheetal playing.
NK: "I don't know,  Khushiji. I don't think that they will leave that soon. And Nannav, he is so fond of that kid and his mother. He even took their side against you. "
Khushi: "No... It's not like that. He was just engrossed in the game and I did make a foul. "
She quickly defended her husband.
"I... I have to go somewhere.... Excuse me."
And she left the place.

Everyone looked on surprised as Arnav picked up Aarav, so that he can score and later broke out cheering for them.
Anjali: "Why don't we go out to have dinner, to celebrate Aarav's win? "
Arnav just smiled hearing her, while others agreed and NK just looked on.
They were sitting in the restaurant, waiting for their order, Arnav checking his mails.
Arnav: "Di, Nani... There is an emergency. I have to go."
Anjali: "What? Chote... You can't do this. Aarav will feel bad."
Arnav looked at Aarav before turning back to his Di.
Arnav: "Di... It's really important."
Anjali: "But Chote... "
Aarav: "It's ok Anjali Aunty. Work is important."
Mami: "Work is Important. He is just like Arnav Bitwa... Hello hi bye bye... "

####################################################

Yup... Definitely going fast. I would rather say super fast....
Hope u all liked the update.
Pls ignore the typos and do comment.
Bye bye...