The Fundraiser

Marinette was hanging out on her balcony like a usual Wednesday evening. She had her drawing pad and Tikki was sitting on a nearby pillow munching on a macaroon.

"I think I've finally gotten this pattern down!" Marinette eagerly showed her drawing pad to Tikki, showing her a beautiful purple dress with pink vines.

"Wow, Marinette! It's truly beautiful. Adrien's going to love it!"

Marinette was attending one of the trademark Agreste family fundraisers the next evening and was trying to design something unique to wear to make her stand out from the crowd.

"You really think so? I'm worried it's not enough; what if it's not good enough?" What if it's too long? What if it's too short?" Marinette began a frenzied panic, listing anything that could possibly be wrong with her dress. Tikki flew in front of her face, stopping her from any more pacing.

"Marinette, calm down! It's perfect; if Adrien doesn't think so then you might just have to resort to Chat Noir as your love interest," Tikki giggled, knowing good and well that they're the same person. Marinette screeched loudly at this, having no interest in Chat Noir whatsoever. "Speak of the devil," Tikki whispered, flying into Marinette's jacket. Chat Noir landed on her ledge and ran into her bedroom.

"Chat? What are you doing here?" Marinette walked cautiously into her room, only to run back out when she heard a cry from below.

"Stop that cat, he took my wallet!" a citizen shouted, running after a copy of Chat Noir below on the streets.

"Chameleon again?" Marinette asked with a huff.

"Yep, that Lila really doesn't know when to quit. I wouldn't be surprised if she's working for Hawk Moth. Which is why I'm gonna chill here for a bit if you don't mind," Chat giggled nervously. Marinette laughed at the prospect of Lila working for Hawk Moth; she could totally see it happening.

"Yeah, you can totally stay here for a while. Just don't screw up my sewing; I have to go to a fundraiser for Adrien Agreste tomorrow and I wanted to look nice so I'm sewing a unique dress." Marinette showed Chat her design. Chat stared in awe; it was one of the most beautiful things he had ever seen.

"Marinette... this is absolutely wonderful! You're going to be the belle of the ball!" Chat blushed slightly under the mask; she would look beautiful in that dress. "May I make a suggestion?"

"Absolutely!" Marinette said as Chat approached her.

"If you don't mind..." Chat took out her pigtails, revealing her dark wavy hair. "Wear your hair just slightly differently than usual. Then you'll definitely stand out. Uh- not that it doesn't look great the way it is," Chat stuttered, taking a step back. He hadn't intended to sound rude. Marinette just laughed.

"Thanks, Chat. I must admit, I've been getting kind of tired of just the same old look. It'll be a nice change."

Chat and Marinette stared at the sky together. "So why are you getting so dressed up for this fundraiser? Who are you trying to impress? AdRiEn pErHaPs?" Chat laughed, making Marinette blush. "Adrien? He's a very good friend!" Marinette laughed, recalling all the times he'd said that about her. "Quite frankly, I just want to rub it in Chloe's face that I can design better than her. She's consistently putting me down about my designs and I want to end the argument once and for all," Marinette grumbled.

"Quite frankly, Princess? There was never an argument to begin with; yours were always better," Chat said before waving and disappearing. Tikki flew out of Marinette's jacket, bursting out laughing. "YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HARD IT WAS TO NOT LAUGH IN THERE," she shouted. Marinette giggled, taking her inside.

The next evening, Marinette and Alya showed up to the fundraiser all decked out in beautiful dresses. Adrien and Nino approached them both, Adrien in complete awe. He knew the design was beautiful, but to see it on Marinette with her hair down and crimped... that was just perfect. Adrien smiled to himself solemnly; he wished he could tell Marinette that he was there with her that prior night, but he couldn't.

"I love what you did with your hair," Adrien said, starting a conversation.

"Thanks! A very good friend recommended I change it up a little bit!"

Inside the jacket that Marinette hung up, Tikki and Plagg were laughing their heads off.