Friends

|Friends|

I was woken up by the beeping sound of my alarm clock. I rolled over, stretched out my back, and turned it off.

I stumbled over to the closet and picked out a black long sleeved turtleneck with lightwashed denim shorts. I tied my hair into a high ponytail and took care of all my hygiene needs : deodorant, perfume, brushing teeth, washing face.

I walked into the kitchen and overheard my mom and Addison talking before school.

"I have a new boyfriend, Mom!" Addison said

"That's great sweetie! What's he like? You know I want to meet him!" Mom said

Mom is very supportive of whatever Addison and I do.

"He's tall, blonde hair, and really nice to me. I think you'll like him!" Addison said.

I slid on my checkered Vans and headed out the door. "Daniel!" I called. He gave a small wave and walked towards me. I had to tell him we were just going to be friends.

He was wearing a printed red and black button up shirt with sunglasses (probably to hide the cut on his face)

"What's up?" He said while smiling.

"Nothing much," I said, "I just wanted to tell you that I think you and I should stay friends for awhile."

His smile deflated, but he was pretty good at hiding it. He nodded and walked a little faster, leaving me behind.

---

I changed into my gym clothes and walked onto the field. The sun was beating down onto the top of my head. It was only my second day in this new school, so I didn't have any friends besides Daniel.

The girls were practicing cheerleading while the guys played soccer. Shirts and skins was a horrific sight.

"Hey!" an unfamiliar voice said, "are you new here?"

"Yes" I said.

"Great! I think you will like it here. My name is Ali, with an I" She chuckled.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Lily with a Y" I said, laughing

"Want to be friends!?" She asked

"Sure" I said with a warm smile.

She giggled and subtly watched Daniel play soccer. He was shirts, bummer.

Ali was a beautiful girl with blonde hair and light brown eyes. She seemed quite preppy and her parents obviously had money - but she wasn't a show off. She had her hair in a ponytail that left out her bangs and wore a green shirt (gym clothes).

Ali turned to me and asked, "You know Daniel, right?"

She must have caught me staring at him. "Yeah hes my neighbor" I said.

She nodded. "What's he like?" she asked, "I always hear about him getting beat up."

I chuckled and said, "hes really sweet. Also, he only uses his karate for self defense so I wouldn't worry about the fights."

We stood in silence and watched the boys play soccer. Ali seemed to know a lot about the school, so I wanted to ask her something that has been on my mind.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked.

"Of course!" She answered.

"What's the deal with the red cobra jackets? I see them everywhere" I said.

"Ah! Its Cobra Kai!" She chuckled.

"Cobra what now?" I asked.

"Cobra Kai is the karate dojo down the block, owned by Sensei John Kreese. The students of Cobra Kai wear their jackets to show support for the dojo and bring in new customers." She explained.

"There seems to be a leader" I said while looking at Johnny Lawrence.

"I guess you could say that," she said, "but the main martial artists are Johnny, Tommy, Dutch, Bobby, and Jimmy. Jimmy is the youngest of the group."

"What are they like?" I ask.

Ali hesitated but finally spoke, "They can get aggressive at times, but I think it's from practicing nonstop. They're actually really fun once you get to know them - well most. They basically have a karate war going on with Miyagi-do karate. It's really stupid."

I nodded and remembered that Daniel is the only member of Miyagi- Do. That's why hes always in a fight with Johnny.

"I've met one of them" I said.

"What happened?" She asked.

"He grabbed my waist and arm multiple times and tried to hook up with me in an arcade. He tried to kiss me as well. He was pretty aggressive and called me babe." I explained.

"Oh," she said, "which one?"

I swallowed and pointed to Johnny Lawrence. "That guy - the one with the pale blonde hair."

Ali's eyes widened with shock.

"You mean my boyfriend?"

|Authors Note|

Ooo, a cliffhanger!! This chapter was pretty bad until the ending :/ I promise next chapter will be better :)

What do you think Ali will do next?!

I'm sorry there wasn't much Daniel in this chapter:(

please vote and comment on these chapters ; it motivates me a tiny bit more hehehe. Thank you ♡