Chapter Twenty-Four

Start from the beginning

  “Almost,” Bran says monotonously.

  Jon looks at him quizzically and then up to Sansa who is standing next to him. He walks up to her and gives her a big. Ser Jorah Mormont and Daenerys watch from behind, “Where's Arya?” Jon asks.

  “Lurking somewhere.” Santa answers.

  Donner approaches his younger brother, “Long time. No see.”

  “You’ve had a long journey. Longer than most.” Bran said, causing Jon to look at Donner confused.

  Donner shrugged before nodding, “I heard you survived beyond the wall.”

  “I saw you become the Wise Wolf.”

  Donner gives his brother a light hug before turning to Rickon who stood to his left. The boy had received a haircut and much nicer clothes, “Little brother. I apologize for my previous words, you just need to learn how to run in a straight line.”

  Rock on only let out a chuckle before giving his brother a bear hug, thankful for his return, “Thank you.”

  He nodded as the pulled apart. Donner moved until he was standing across from Sansa, “Little bird tells me you're the lady of Winterfell.”

  “I am.”

  “The name fits you well.”

  Jon and Donner them around to Daenerys and she walks over to them, “Queen Daenerys of House Targaryen. My sister, Sansa Stark, the Lady of Winterfell.”

  Daenerys smiles warmly, “Thank you for inviting us into your home, Lady Stark. The North is as beautiful as your brothers claimed, as are you.”

  Sansa looks a Jon and Donner hesitantly before looking back at Daenerys, “Winterfell is yours, Your Grace.”

  Bran addresses all of them, “We don't have time for all this. The Night King has a dragon.”

  Jon and Daenerys turn to face Bran. Donner only sighed, remembering the mistake he made, “The Night King was able to claim the soul of Balerion the Black Dread and move it into the body of a petrified dragon. The Wall has fallen. The dead march south.

  Sansa, Daenerys, Donner, and Jon all look at each other concerned, “Call the lords and ladies of their houses to meet in the large hall.” Sansa says to a squire. The squire nods before running off.

  Sansa, Donner, Daenerys, and Jon sat at the long table in the large hall. Stark banners hung from the rafters, “As soon as we heard about the Wall, I called all our banners to retreat to Winterfell. Lord Umber when can we expect your people to arrive?”

  The same young boy stands up from the side of the room and walks forward, “We need more horses and wagons if it please my lady.” He stops and turns to look at Jon and Donner, “And my lords.” He stops again and turns to look at Daenerys, “And my queen. Sorry.”

  It felt strange for the title of a lord to be aimed at Donner, but he didn't mind it, “You'll have as many as we can spare. Hurry back to Last Hearth and bring your people here.” Sansa says.

  Lord Umber bows and walks out of the hall as people chatter amongst themselves, “We need to send ravens to the Night's Watch as well. There's no sense in manning the castles anymore. We make our stand here.”

  Maester Wolkan nods, “At once, Your Grace.” The master quickly exits.

  “Your Grace, ” Lyanna Mormont repeats as she stands up and walks forward, “But you’re not. Are you? You left Winterfell a king and came back a-” she pauses, “I’m not sure what you are now.”