Lori, Danny, Dinner

I went to the kitchen to start dinner. It is going to be a big crowd this evening, so I am going family style. A big pot of Frijoles Refritos. Cheese and Chicken and Steak enchiladas. Beef and Chicken Fajitas. Guacamole (it's hard to get good avocados in winter, but it's possible). Chili con Queso. Sour cream. Various grated white and yellow cheeses. Homemade tortillas. Tres Leches for dessert. A few Salsas. Lots of protein. Austin has more restaurants per capita than anywhere in the US, and Mexican food is the largest segment. Aus-Mex, Tex-Mex. Cal-Mex. Mex-Mex. Indian-Mex fusion. You name it; we have it, and I make my favorite versions of all of it.

Despite me calling her 'Sis', Helen came into the kitchen and helped me cook. I chased Mom out several times when she tried to butt in, telling her to get to know Jessica and let us cook, and it was not that hard to convince her. I could tell she wanted to catch up on everything about her new daughter. Besides, Dad is the better cook of the two of them, and he had no intention of helping. He is going to spend every spare moment talking to Jessica. He probably wished Helen would stay in there too, so he could get to know her better as well. For a geek, my dad can be pretty gregarious sometimes, where the family is concerned.

When nothing needed my absolute attention at the moment, I loaded up a tray and took in a round of beer and margaritas. I became very popular in there.

It surprised me how easily Helen and I work together. Not that we have not before, but never on a meal this size. She glided in and out, handed me things before I realized I needed them, and only hit me once when I called her "Sis". Now I have a matching mark on the other arm.

I heard Lori and Danny pull in to their house out back a while ago, and I knew they would see the RV and know Mom and Dad are here. They got cleaned up and popped in. I smelled fresh soap. I also smelled a very nervous Lori. Seemed all the new-to-the family kids are starting from the 'I am nervous' place today.

Lori probably felt like she was being introduced to Danny's parents. That would be because she is. I gave it a full 90 seconds before she has a new set of parents too. Helen and I stayed in the main room for as long as it took for Lori to become comfortable and realize she had nothing to worry about before we beat a retreat to the cooking food.

When Lori sniffed the air and raised her voice loud enough to be heard in the kitchen to say loudly: "Oh Adrian. You do love me!", I knew she was right back at home.

With a similarly raised voice to be heard from the kitchen back to her, I replied: "I love you muchly, Lori. Not enough to make you Tamales tonight though. Sorry!"

The launched Lori into telling my parents that I make Tamales any time I feel guilty about something, and that led to stories about me I really did not want to hear. Again.

I thought about guilt as I looked at Helen. Lori has no idea what particular guilt I have at the moment. An image of Helen in the shower popped unbidden into my head and was banished lest my control on my pheromones slip. Helen felt my eyes on her. She turned and looked at me quizzically. Then she stepped back towards the kitchen door and out of sight of the living room and crooked her finger at me. I came over to her, and she stood on her toes to kiss me "If you are going to feel guilty about shite, you might as well have something to feel guilty about" She whispered in my ear. Her little body, so soft and so Vampire hard at the same time pressed against me.

I must be so transparent to her.

I took a deep breath. I am not willing to be one-upped by Helen. That is not our way. I lightly caressed her left breast, the barest tickle of fingertips, and felt the nipple harden in near instant response. She gasped at my escalation. "Ahh. No bra. I like that about you. Sis." I whispered back. She strangely did not hit me. Maybe because I am out of arms to smack. I kissed her back, and since my upper lip is now 100%, more than a mere brushing of lips.

We went back to cooking before we were missed, and the rhythm was still there, except now she would intentionally slide her hand along my ass whenever she could sneak it in, or brush her breasts against my arm. I returned that caresses. It became a game, which oddly made it more fun, but less sexual. Neither of us emitted a single scent that did not belong there. She has half a millennium of self-control, and I learned from her, not Jessica. Jessica seems to like it when I do not have control around her for some reason.

Jessica came into the kitchen to look over the food and kiss me. "How's it going in here, you two?"

Helen told her in a light voice that I thought was maybe one shade too casual "Fine. Looks like you are part of the family out there. No question."

"It's really quite amazing. I had no idea it could be like this." Jessica said with affection, looking at the four people in the front room. She looked over at me. Leaned in close. "Tonight I am going to thank you for making me part of this."

Helen mustered fake indignation "Hey: What about the food? I helped with that."

Jessica, towering over Helen, pushed her back out of sight of the living room. Helen gasped. Jessica one-upped me. After kissing Helen with intent she whispered in Helen's ear at a level I could hear: "Humm. Nice. Very nice. No panties. So much easier that way. I like easy in the chef. Sis.", Then she went back into the living room, nonchalantly, as if she had not just felt up Helen.

Helen stood rooted and red where she was, looking non-plussed, her dress pulled up to her hips like a belt.

I went over, whispered in the same ear Jessica just had: "Vampire hearing. What can you do?" I nibbled lightly at the earlobe. Then I returned to food prep. Helen muttered something about 'two against one not being fair' but rejoined me. Thankfully for my guilt track, the sex play died down, and we made the rest of Dinner. Jessica knew we were not behaving and just showed that she did not care, and not only that, she intended to continue her physical relationship with Helen.

I would envy her, except that I realized she earned that joy now, after decades of NOT being able to have it.

As we loaded the pass-through with serving platters of steaming food, I heard Dad tell Danny "Damn it son. How many times have I told you? Ben. Dad. Asshole even. Not 'Mr. Sagan'. 'Mr. Sagan' was my dad! Even he did not like to be called that."

Helen chided Danny "Really Danny: Show some respect!"

Danny spluttered "But... What does Helen call you?"

It went dead quiet for a second. Dread reared its head. We all stared at Danny for a pregnant moment, expressions varying from blank to grimaces.

Dad went with it "She can call me whatever she likes. Anything but late for dinner.."

"That ancient joke is completely your fault, Danny." I accused.

Danny looked properly ashamed. He sidled towards to pass-through,  looking over his shoulder at Dad. "I know. I'm sorry. I apologize, especially to you, Mr. 'Late for Dinner.'"

"I'm not late for dinner..." Dad pointed out

"Maybe not, but you're behind me!" Danny was gleeful.

Lori patted Dad's arm consolingly "A fatal tactical error, Ben. Never get behind Danny at a buffet."

Helen waved a serving spoon "I'll save you something, Ben. You won't starve."

"You are such a suck up, Sis" I told Helen.

The whole evening was like that. Happy banter. Terrible puns. Unadulterated affection for each other.

My wife looked so happy. Helen looked so happy. I glowed with pride.