14 "I don't wanna see you with her."

Start from the beginning

"I was stupid and I know I shouldn't hide it from you, but I was afraid of your safety, I'm still afraid, Alice" he firmly grasped my hand, and I shuddered, or rather shuddered at the touch of our bodies.

"FP, you should be with your wife and children" when I said the word wife, he rolled his eyes. "You have a family, so be with them. I have a family, so I will be with them. What do you not understand?"

"I'm sick of Gladys," he said loudly, and I jumped. "I'm tired of this marriage and I really want to end it, but Gladys still makes it difficult," he whispered.

"I shouldn't be interested in it, it's not my business, Forysthe" I stepped away from him. I wanted to go past him to go home, but he grabbed my wrist and turned me over. I looked into his eyes.

"You don't believe me?" he asked and came to me.

"After everything that happened, it's hard for me to believe you, FP," I said, trying to move away from him. "You know where the door is." I added and looked at his hand on my wrist. After a while, he moved away from me, and I could enter my home and drink wine.

Oh yes, I needed wine.

~~~~~
Being in the pharmacy, I found out that Veronica is organizing karaoke tonight. Everyone could come and sing what they wanted. It was a tempting option, but first of all I had no one to go there with, and secondly there would be Gladys and FP there.

I decided to go there. I also need entertainment.

When I returned home, I went to the bedroom to bathe and then dress in a loose, black dress with a slit on my thigh. I made a stronger makeup and left the house.

There were a lot of people in speakeasy. I hardly found a place to park. I went in, where Reggie immediately greeted me. I went further, where I found my daughter. She was pleased to see me.

"Wow, mom! Wonderful you are here!" she said and hugged me.

"I decided to leave the house tonight, I heard that today is karaoke, what are you planning to sing?" I asked with a smile.

"We are planning to sing a duet with Veronica!" she said.

"Great, I can't wait"

"And you, Mama, will you sing something?"

"No, I just came to look," I smiled broadly.

I didn't think that there would be so many willing people in Riverdale to sing karaoke.

When my daughter and Veronica started singing, I pulled the phone out of my purse and recorded them.

I felt like Kris Jenner during the photo session of one of her daughters. I should also shout You're doing amazing, sweetie.

I wandered through the crowd of people, I didn't know why. Unfortunately, it was a mistake because I found Gladys and FP nearby. He kept his hand on her shoulder. They were talking about something. They laughed.

It was difficult to look at the love of your life with someone else. My heart ached badly because I couldn't do anything about it.

The only thing that came to my mind was to sing a song. I didn't even know if it was a good idea, but I had nothing to lose. I went to the DJ and whispered to him the title of the song.

"We have another participant, Mrs. Smith," Veronica said into the microphone.

"You rock, mom!" I heard my daughter's voice and smiled at her.

People greeted me with applause, and when I entered the stage I felt that I was making a mistake. I smiled at them and sat down in a chair. It wasn't good. I tried not to look at FP, but it was difficult. Too difficult...

The melody began to sound in the speakers, and I put the microphone to my lips.

It's a small town
Word gets around
And travels in circles
Through hoops over hurdles
Everyone's careless
They talk about our mess

They don't care how it hurts me
Must think it was easy
They say you have a new love
I'm happy for you love

This song hit me harder than I thought. I had tears in my eyes. I looked at FP, he was also close to crying.

I just don't wanna meet her
Are you gonna keep her
Cause I don't wanna see you with her
I don't wanna see her face

Singing it, I looked him in the eye, and then I moved my gaze to nervous Gladys. I was defenseless. I didn't have anyone. Gladys won.

Resting in your embrace
Her feet standing in my place
I don't wanna see you moved on
I don't think that I'm that strong

People in the hall began to clap, but they didn't know what I was going through. They liked my voice, and for me the most important was the message of this song, so that FP could understand how much he hurt me.

It hasn't been that long
Since I was the one on your arm
I don't like being sober
That's when it hits me it's over
Although it was my choice
I can't shake your calm voice
Saying you found one
That makes you feel as strong
And helps you through hard times
‘Cause that job was once mine
They say you have a new love

My voice trembled, but fortunately the song was slowly coming to an end.

I don't wanna see you moved on
I don't think that I'm that strong
It hasn't been that long
Since I was the one on your arm
‘Cause I don't wanna see you with her.

When the song ended, I quickly came down that scenes. People applauded me, and all I wanted to do was get out of here.

When I went outside, I took a deep breath. It was too much for me. Too much. When I wanted to get into the car I felt pressure on my wrist. I knew this touch well. I swallowed and turned.