4 "I am the target,"

When I entered the living room, I noticed only Betty and Jughead. I was surprised to see them.

"Where is Veronica and Archie?" I asked, and Betty came up to me.

"Mom, serpents will protect us. Archie has other worries now, and Veronica must take care of her own problems. " she said, and I looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Do you think that if seprents provide us with care, Hal will not get us?" I asked quietly. I tried not to let my voice tremble.

"I think we'll be safer for sure. Besides, Mr. Jones began investigating the black mask"

I snorted when my daughter mentioned FP.

"FP didn't even move his finger in this matter," I said.

"Mrs. S" Jughead looked at me.

Betty gave me a warning look.

"Jughead, I only say what I saw," I shrugged. "You're right, I didn't want  you to get involved anymore," I added. I knew that I would have to deal with my ex-husband myself.

"You aren't angry with us?" Betty came up to me. I forced a smile.

"I'm not angry," I replied and hugged my daughter. "I will go to the bedroom," I added and so I did.

Rebellion on all fronts. FP, Betty and Jughead ... I'll destroy Hal myself, and even kill him with my own hands if I need to. I'm strong enough to do it.

~~~~~

In the evening I went to the Penelope brothel. I went in and immediately wanted to leave. However, I didn't manage to turn back because a young red girl approached me.

"How can I help you?" she asked and I smiled.

"I came to Penelope Blossom"

"Have you had an appointment?" I tried not to pay attention to her stingy outfit. I shuddered at the thought that I had entered the room of eternal debauchery.

"No, but we know each other very well, my name is Alice Cooper," I grimaced, saying my old name.

"Hal Cooper's wife?"

Well, of course everyone here knew Hal because he regularly fucked with Penelope.

"Ex-wife. Yes, "I nodded, and she nodded at me.

"Follow me," she added, and I swallowed. Did I really want to go there?

Walking in the dark corridor I heard screams, I didn't know if it was screaming of pleasure or pain ... I didn't want to know it. I wanted to cover my ears.

"This is Mrs Blossom's office," she said and pointed to the door at the end of the corridor. I nodded and thanked him.

I went inside without knocking. Penelope was waiting for me. She sat on the desk and smoked a cigarette.

"Alice Smith ... Why do I owe your visit?" she asked, and I rolled my eyes.

"I want to know if you have any information from Hal and don't pretend he's dead, because it's bullshit"

Penelope laughed.

"You're smart, Alice" she pursed her lips. "Hal is alive and he is closer than you think," she replied, and I jumped.

"Is it under your desk or in your closet?" I asked and crossed my arms.

"Hmm ... I will not tell you," she replied, and I opened my eyes wide.

"Why?" I hissed through clenched teeth.

"Calm down because I will not tell you anything more," she said in a low voice.