Bedtime

(I wanted to give a shoutout to Emmy1222 for being supportive and always being interactive. Thank you so much!)

"You'll be sleeping in a bed tonight. With me. Is that clear?" Cassie stated, pulling down the covers on her bed. She yanks down the floral printed comforter to reveal red, silky sheets. On the top of her bed laid a cluster of pillows, each being buried by the next. I've never had a bed before, much less a pillow.

Back at camp, we slept on cots. The best behaved got rewarded by cycling through ripped mattresses. I never got to sleep on a mattress. I was pretty lousy at training. I hated obeying.

I touch the collar around my fingertips, the leather felt smooth against my skin. I hung my fingers around the metal loop where a leash could be placed. Cassie had taken it off after dinner, now feeling more confident that I wouldn't run away.

I was thankful for the amazing food and shelter that was provided to me. I had never had anything like this in my entire life. But this wasn't the life I wanted to live.

I wanted to be free.

The only time my neck was ever bare was when I was given a new collar to wear, or for training purposes. I had never had the feeling of the breeze along my neck. It must've felt so good. In the summer my neck would get sticky from the sweat dripping down my face. It was disgusting. As thankful as I was, I had to find a way to get out of here.

I was going to escape, tonight.

"Is that clear?" Cassie repeated, her voice more strict than before. I snap out of my daze and look up at her.

"Yes," I responded, gritting my teeth.

"Yes, what?"

"Yes, Mistress."

What it would be like to not have to say Sir and Miss at the end of a sentence. Unless someone was to perform an MRI, it was physically impossible to tell the difference between.

Cassie laid down on her side and patted the bedding next to her.

"Come," she commanded, now patting the bed a little harder. I let my hand fall to my side away from the collar and slowly walked towards the bed. I sit on it and then swing my legs over to the side.

"Lay down."

I look at her and sigh, leaning backward until my head was met by the pile of fluff that was the pillows.

"How does it feel?" She asks, genuinely curious for my opinion. I close my eyes and test it. I knew it was a stereotype to call a bed a cloud, but that's the only way I could describe it. As if I was laying on the softest material in the world. My back almost ached just remembering what the old cots felt like back at Camp. Human life was perfect. Imagine if I had my own bed.

She giggles in response, knowing my answer just by the expression on the face.

"If you a good girl, you get rewards. Like sleeping with me," she winked, laughing as she pulled the covers over both of us. The blankets completely warmed me. I could feel my eyes growing heavy already. This would be heaven if it wasn't for Cassie.

"Goodnight Kitty Kat. Welcome to your new home."