felix's journal (2)

I don't mean to be rude or anything but the new neighbor sucks.

'Binbin'? Seriously? That just sounds stupid.

I am appalled to say that he actually accepted and now I'm sitting in the living area of her apartment. It looked exactly like mine but everything was reversed.

There was a couch towards the center of the room and a coffee table next to it. That was about it for the living area. The walls were covered in a hideous rose-colored wallpaper. There weren't any decorations at all. The cranberry muffins were neatly placed on the coffee table. There were boxes stacked up by the walls. She hadn't even unpacked yet.

Hyunbin and Eunyoung were talking but I wasn't listening. It was kind of awkward how we were all crammed onto a two person couch.

"Do you need help un-packing? It's kind of.. unclean.. at the moment." Hyunbin said cheerfully, he nervously laughed as he glanced over at the dust building up in the corner.

He's such a neat freak. He comes over to my apartment every Saturday to make sure it's clean. It usually is but he stays over anyways and we draw together. He usually just writes stories but I like to illustrate.

"Really? That would be great! I was just going to leave everything in boxes until it was absolutely necessary. I haven't even put the bed together, actually, I just slept on the couch."

Hyunbin took in a big breath.

I swear he didn't even breath out.

This was probably killing him.

I got off the couch and said, "I think I'll just go home and keep Dasom company."

I started to walk out the door. I could hear them talking behind me.

"Who's Dasom?"
"Oh it's his dog."
"Do you have any pets?
"Yeah I do actually—"

I closed the door behind me. That was probably the most awkward thing I could've done today.

"Felix? Are you okay?"

Yikes, I recognize that voice. It was Dae-Ho. He's a year younger than me. He also lived on the second floor, a floor lower than me. He had grocery bags in one hand and his phone in the other. He had his usual cheerful smile.

"I'm fine." I said quickly. I was still standing in front of Eunyoung's apartment. "Why do you ask?"

He shrugs and hands me one of the grocery bags. It was just filled with coffee-milk. It was filled to the brim with coffee-milk. I don't like the flavor of coffee so coffee-milk wasn't something that I drank. Dae-ho, on the other hand, drank it everyday. I think his diet consists entirely of coffee milk. It's an obsession.

He looks at his phone while talking, "I heard another person moved in today. A girl. It just looks like you're stalking them."

I was taken aback, I was taken aback so much that I almost fell backwards. "WHAT! No, no, no. I'm not stalking her! I just went to give her muffins with Hyunbin!"

He handed me another grocery bag. Guess what it was filled with.

Coffee milk

He held up the phone and grabbed my hand, "Let's take a picture."

(oof this is wrong but pretend)

"So where's Hyunbin?" He asked.

"He's still in there with Eunyoung."

"Oh, so that's her name. I saw her earlier today. She looked really young. How old is she?" Dad-Ho said.

I thought for a moment. Im pretty sure she mentioned her age. He had already set his groceries on the floor next to his feet. Upon further inspection, I realized he had only bought coffee-milk. And six bags of it.

"Oh!" I said out-loud, which was a tad embarrassing. "She's sixteen. I think she mentioned it to Hyunbin."

"Hyunbin is nineteen, right?" He asked

I nodded slowly. It's kind of weird he was asking these questions. He already knew how old Hyunbin is.

He smiled and leaned into me. He whispered into my ear, "Do you think they're doing.. it?"

"Oh my god!" I whispered back. I probably looked really flustered. "No! They're both too young and Hyunbin wouldn't do that! Why would you even suggest that, oh my god."

He pulled me closer towards the apartment door, "You did leave them alone. They're probably fucking right now."

"shzhHhshHhshhs shut up!" I said.

Was he right?

No, that's stupid. He's just really dirty-minded.

"Let's check!" He jiggled the door's doorknob but it was locked.

"Well, are you going to ring the doorbell?" I asked.

"No!" He said quickly, "It's going to be super awkward to ring the doorbell if they're having sex—"

"IT WOULD BE WORSE IF WE JUST BARGED IN—" I yelled. The old lady that lived down the hallway was staring at us. We probably looked crazy.

Dae-ho put his ear up to the door and then turned back to me, "It sounds a lot like sex."

I put my ear up to the door. You couldn't even hear in. There was absolute silence. You could hear someone walking around though.

"No it doesn't!" I said back, I was trying to lower my voice but it wasn't working.

"I dunno, Felix. Some prettyyyyyy illegal things are probably happening in there riiiiiight now." He said with a grin on his face.

"Oh my gosh. You're just doing this to annoy me."

He shrugged and picked up his groceries, "Unless you want to pick the lock, we can just go to my apartment."

"I'm not carrying your groceries, Dae-Ho!"

He groaned and pulled out a key. "Don't ask me where I got this, okay?" He said. He took the key and put it into the doorknob. There was a small click and the door slid open.

"You had tHAT FROM THE BEGINNING?!"

We both looked into the apartment. It was quite awkward. Eunyoung was laying on the couch with an iPad in hand. She was watching Naruto. Hyunbin was carrying one of her boxes to another room. She was probably wondering how we even got the door open.

"Well, this has been a big disappointment!" Dae-Ho complained. He walked into her apartment and sat on the coffee-table. "I forgot that Hyunbin was lame."

Hyunbin came out of one of the rooms, "Excuse me?"