"You're lying. I can tell. What really happened? Did you guys get booed off stage?"

Reagan shook her head. That would have been a stroll in the park compared to what had really happened that night.

"No. They loved us, actually. I did pretty well."

"Then what is it? Why can't you just tell me?" Kate pleaded.

She had blocked the entryway, making passage for Reagan impossible. This meant that Reagan wouldn't be able to go to bed unless she told Kate the truth about what had happened. No lie could get past her sister. They were too intertwined to lie to one another and years of growing up together had made their sibling-equipped lie detectors unyielding.

"Okay," Reagan said bluntly. "You want to know what happened? I fucked the new drummer in the storage closet of the bar we went to. There. Can I go to sleep now?"

Kate could have at least managed to keep her eyes from bugging out of her head as Reagan gave up the truth. She slanted forward with disbelief, opening her mouth in shock.

"You did what?"

"Well, remember sex-ed in the sixth grade? It went just like that, except we were standing up. Does that paint a picture for you?"

"I know what . . . I know what sex is," Kate sputtered.

"Good, so you know what happened then. Now let me by, I've got to get changed."

Kate threw her arm up, continuing to barricade Reagan in the kitchen as if she were a hostage. Reagan groaned. At this rate, she might as well have not gone to bed. By the time she actually made it up the stairs, she would be needing to leave for work.

"What are you talking about, 'the new drummer?' And why did you do it?" Kate cried out.

Reagan shushed her, raising her finger to her mouth. The last thing they needed was for Kimberly to make her way downstairs only to find them bickering in the kitchen at four in the morning. That was when a certain suspicion would arise.

"The new drummer for the band I played for was there tonight. He flew in to watch them. We met and then we were at the bar together and . . . one thing led to another, I guess."

Reagan felt her face flush as she recalled the tale of her and Dave's closet adventure to Kate. It wasn't the fact that she was telling it to her sister, but that she felt a painful yearning for it to happen again.

She wouldn't let it happen again.

"Oh my God," Kate said, clapping her hand to her forehead and staggering against the wall. "I can't believe you. I'm waiting up all night for you and you're copulating with some guy in a closet. Did you use a condom, at least?"

"No," Reagan cringed. Now that she thought about it, her and Dave had most definitely forgotten to use protection.

"For the love of God, Reagan! Haven't you heard of STD's? Or worse, pregnancy?"

"What could be worse than an itchy, red, swollen --"

Kate cut her off, plugging her ears with her fingers and babbling nonsense in the hopes that Reagan wouldn't finish her sentence. Reagan fought back a smile, always amused to see her sister squirm.

"I made a mistake, Kate. I know that. But it's over now and all I want is to go to bed and pretend it never happened. Can you let me do that now?"

"So . . . you're not going to see him again?"

"No. Probably not."

As Reagan gave her answer, she felt a twist of regret pull at her stomach. It hurt her to think that she was right. She wouldn't see Dave again. She wouldn't hear her name come from his mouth or feel his hands, properly calloused with proof that he was a good drummer, roving her body.

She hardly knew him, but all of a sudden she found herself missing him.

Ugh.

That would have to end as soon as possible. Even if it meant undergoing brain surgery to erase the memory of that night in her mind.

Well, only a portion of the memory. She didn't want to forget how it felt drumming behind Kurt and Krist.

Kate gave up on quarantining Reagan, stepping aside and watching as she strode past her and towards the stairs. The look on Kate's face was another thing Reagan did not want to forget. Her younger sister was at a loss for words.

"Did he . . . I mean, did he like you?" Kate asked, still stupefied as Reagan climbed the stairs.

Reagan stopped, wheeling a sarcastic stare towards Kate that was completed with raised eyebrows.

"I don't know, Kate. What do you think?"

Kate stuck out her tongue in repulsion, causing Reagan to chuckle as she jogged up the last half of the stairs. No matter how old she got, seeing goody-goody Kate grow queasy over the thought of sex would make her laugh. Her sister may have been as knowledgeable about the world as they came, but she was still purely innocent.

In the comfort of her room, Reagan kicked off her shoes and went to her bedside where she looked happily down upon the mess of sheets and pillows waiting for her. She may have needed to wake up in only a few hours time, but that didn't diminish her readiness to finally sleep.

With only the light of the moon to guide her, she peeled off her top and unclipped her bra, throwing both into the corner of the room where her laundry basket sat. Once her jeans came off as well, Reagan stopped what she was doing, slowing her movement to a sudden stillness.

She looked behind her, making sure that Kate had not come upstairs yet. As soon as she was sure that she was still alone, she took her fingertips and placed them at her neck, thoughtfully caressing her own skin.

Dave's lips had been there.

She drifted her fingers down to her clavicle, pressing down on the bone that rounded into the curve of her shoulder.

His lips had been there too.

Her hand fell to her waist, skimming from her hip and down to her upper thigh before gently moving all the way back up.

His hands had been there, holding her up against him.

She closed her eyes.

It was amazing that she could touch those very spots and feel the sensation of his physical contact all over again. It was enough to make her take back the wish that she could forget it all. It may have outwardly been an ordinary one-night stand, but her mind lingered on the idea that Dave was something entirely more than that.

She only knew a handful of things about him. He was pretty good at drumming, or at least she could conclude so based on Kurt and Krist hiring him. His last name was Grohl. He cared about her wellbeing. And he was really good at sex.

Other than that, Reagan knew nothing about the person that she'd shed her protective outer layer in front of. She had exposed herself in more ways than one to him, mainly in allowing him to kiss her. She hadn't even let Tommy kiss her in the past.

She thought about seeing him again. She would let him make her feel that familiar ache of need all night if he wanted to. And maybe then, she would let him talk about himself, about drumming and where he had first learned how to and what kind of music he liked.

She would have picked his brain every day for the rest of forever if it meant hearing him say her name and feeling him kiss her.

"What are you doing?"

Reagan jumped, gasping as Kate appeared at the doorway behind her. She wrapped her arm around her chest, shielding her naked body as she snatched a discarded t-shirt off of the ground.

"Nothing! Getting changed," Reagan exclaimed.

Kate seemed to accept her answer, shaking her head to herself and starting towards her bed. Reagan caught her breath, glad that her sister had not seen her tracing all the spots on her body where Dave had touched.

She would never let anyone, least of all Dave, know just exactly how wonderful he had made her feel.