"How can I not be?" I asked as Bakugou urged me forward. "With all that happened before..."

"Yeah, you've got a point," he replied, leading me toward his Jeep that was parked in the lot of the school. "But you made amends with Francis, right?"

"Yes," I confirmed, my grip on the handle of my umbrella tightening. "But I can never be too careful when it comes to my kids."

"Or anything, really," Bakugou commented, earning a frown from me as he opened the passenger side door. "Hop in, I'll give you a lift back to your house."

I said nothing in return and climbed in, and the silence continued for the majority of the car ride until my cell began to ring from my pant pocket.

I pulled the device out and glanced down to the caller ID. My brow furrowed at the sight of my sidekick's name beeping upon the screen, and reluctantly hit the 'answer' key.

"This better be good if you're calling me in so early." I began, hearing something rustle in the background. Bakugou glanced at me whilst we stopped at a stop sign.

"We've got a lead on the alleged sex trafficker in Tokushima Prefecture," Riptide — AKA Mandy Schwartz — said, disregarding my impatient answer as she usually did. "We need you here right away."

I chewed on the inside of my cheek. "Send me the location and I'll meet you there."

"Understood."

"What's going on?" Bakugou asked, turning on my street as I shoved the phone back into my pocket.

"The team finally found a lead on the sex trafficker we've been searching for for weeks," I summarized. "I need to head in."

"Do you need me to take Chinami to school?" Bakugou asked. I shook my head.

"I'll take her on the way to Tokushima." I replied as Bakugou pulled over in front of the house.

"Let me know if you need anything, Osoroshi." He said before I could get out of the car, a hand on my shoulder.

I turned to smile at him, nodded, and hastily exited the Jeep. He honked his horn once before driving off, and I sped right into the house and passed the kitchen — where Iida stood by the coffee machine.

"Welcome home." He called, still sounding groggy as I climbed the stairs.

"Uh-huh." I hummed a response, went into the closet, and pulled out my hero suit.

I heard Iida coming up the stairs as I strapped my shoes on, and saw him in the doorway just as I was adjusting the sleeves on my arms.

"Got an early call?" He assumed.

"Yeah," I said breathlessly, taking the clip out of my hair to let it fall down my back. "I'll take Chinami and head out. I should be back in time to pick the boys up."

"Don't rush yourself, Osoroshi," Iida advised, handing me his mug. He still wore his pajamas. "I can get the boys today."

"You picked them up yesterday," I reminded, taking the cup and setting it on the nightstand as I stood up. "And I pinkie promised. There's no backing out for me now."

Iida chuckled and shook his head whilst planting a kiss on my cheek. "I don't know why you do that."

"Do what?" I pressed. He followed me down the stairs.

"Over-schedule yourself." He clarified.

"I don't," I shot him a frown. "I've gotta go."

Iida didn't respond to me, and instead kissed me again.