Chapter 57: What Doesn't Kill Me

Börja om från början

???: What are we doing?! We just kidnapped someone's baby!

???: I know, but if we show up at the guild hall empty handed, Eldra's gonna be pissed.

???: I know, but we're dark wizards, not kidnappers.

I looked to the baby on the side of the horse and watched as the hook that was holding the bag broke. The bag landed in a bush.

???: We should get back. Eldra doesn't like waiting.

They rode off, unaware that they didn't have what they were supposed to retrieve.

I looked at the sleeping baby. He was so calm, completely oblivious to what had happened. The sky filled with light once again. I began to here massive footsteps heading my way. I turned and saw a white dragon walking through the forest.

(Y/n): Fatalis?!

He walked through the wood until he noticed the baby resting in the bush.

Fatalis: hm, what do we have here? A lost infant.

The baby woke up and open it's eyes. Fatalis bared his teeth, about to eat the child...that is...until the baby began laughing.

Fatalis was caught of guard as he looked at the small child.

Fatalis: h-how?! How can a human child be giggling at the sight of me?!

He moved his head closed towards the baby, who placed a hand of his nose.

Fatalis: so...sweet, so...innocent. what is this feeling?! Why do I feel the need to protect this human?! That man 400 years ago...he was right.

He pick up the baby and began walking away.

Voice: you see, Deadlock is the reason Fatalis found you. If it weren't for them, you 2 would have never crossed paths. You should be waking up any minute now. It's been a pleasure chatting with you.

I saw a  bright little and everything around me began to disappear.

I woke up to a wet sensation on my forehead. I opened my eyes.

???: Oh, you're finally awake.

I looked to my left and saw a young woman with long pink hair.

(Y/n): Meredy? Where am I?

Meredy: me and Jellal found you unconscious in the woods. So we decided to help you out.

(Y/n): where's Jellal now?

Meredy: he sensed intense magical power deeper in the woods, so he went to check it out.

I placed my hand on my head. The last thing is remember was being in a temple fight the master of Deadlock.

Meredy: you were fighting that lunatic?

I nodded.

???: It was a bold move going up against him.

I turned and saw Jellal.

Jellal: nice to see you again, (y/n).

(Y/n): hey Jellal.

Jellal: so Fairy Tail's fighting Deadlock now?

(Y/n): yeah.

Jellal: they're a force to be reckoned with. Fighting them would be reckless.

(Y/n): yeah well, their master got his hands on the stone of Eris.

Jellal: yes, I can see where that would be a problem. Anyway, there's something I want you to see.

I got up and followed Jellal. He began leading me through the woods.

(Y/n): what did you want to show me.

Jellal: as I was searching for a source of incredible magic energy, I found someone you might be happy to see.

We exited the forest and what I saw shocked me. White scales, glowing red chest, long white beard, and one missing eye.

(Y/n): FATALIS?!

Fatalis: hello, (y/n).

I walked closer to him.

(Y/n): I can't believe it, it's really you.

Fatalis: thank you for bringing him to me, Jellal. Now I'm sure you have questions. Where did I go, why did I leave, what happened all those years ago.

(Y/n): uh, yeah! Now start explaining!

Fatalis: *sigh* when I left Acnologia used his magic to rip my soul from my body. My only source of refuge was you. Since that day my spirit has been inside your body.

(Y/n): wait, so you're dead?

Fatalis: technically speaking, yes I am. Now that I've left your body...I can not return. However, I have come here so I can help you one last time. Your friends and family are in grave danger. Deadlock is making their way to your home town as we speak.

(Y/n): what?!

Fatalis: we must head there now before they have a chance to destroy your guild.

(Y/n): what can I do?! When I fought Eldra, he wiped the floor with me! Not to mention he's got the stone of Eris! He's basically God, while I'm just a hotheaded, reckless, wizard who destroys ever thing he touches!

Fatalis: you have too much doubt in yourself. You are the living embodiment of destruction. You are an Apocalypse Dragonslayer, you're able to wipe out all life on this planet in an instant.

(Y/n): OH YEAH? WELL, MOST OF THE TIME I CAN'T EVEN CONTROL MY POWER!

Fatalis: the best way to gain control is to release control.

I looked at him confused.

Fatalis: if you give up control over your power than you will be able to use it to it's full potential. Use your wrath to bring destruction upon those who appose you, the people who try to bring harm on those you care for.

I looked down and started remember everything that I've been through. Eisanwald, Phantom Lord, The Tower of Heaven, the Oración Seis, Tenrou Island, the Grand Magic Games, and now...Deadlock. with every adventure I've been on, there has been at least one moment where my rage gave me strength. Deadlock's goal was to destroy my family, but I'll be damn if I let that happen.

My scales grew up to my cheeks again, and those quill came out of my back.

(Y/n): ok, let's go kick some ass.

Fatalis: that's the spirit! However, if you unleash everything you have on him and it still isn't enough...you know what to do.

I nodded.

(Y/n): hold on, if your spirit was inside me all this time...then does that go for the other dragonslayers as well?

Fatalis: yes, just don't tell them. They'll find out when they're ready.