Chapter 7: Case Closed, Or Is It?

"I'm so full! I can't eat another bite! Those steaks were just right!" Charles Grey compliments after we got finished with dinner. 

"Now that our belly's are full, shall we proceed onto our plan? I would love to hear your theory of the case. Would you care to share it?" Lau looks at Jeremy. 

I could hardly focus on anything, considering what Mari did, yet I don't know what. She took over my body, and I can't remember what she did. And I am scared to think about it. . . What did you do, Mari? . . . Please, do not tell me that you killed somebody. . .

Please, tell me. . . But, I know well enough she won't tell me, even if I asked her. . . Thinking about the multiple possibilities has me sweating and shaking. . .

"I'll be taking over for a while. Don't try and stop me." I remember her words as I was trying to take back my body. There was no telling what Mari did while I was unconscious in my own body. So, I will have to wait and see what Mari did. 

"No need to rush things. As I said before, I will need the young Lady's assistance." Jeremy looks at me, causing me to snap out of my thoughts. 

"What is it that you need me to do?" I question.

"Not very much, Milady." Jeremy gives me a smirk. "Simply undress."

"Huh?!" I blush. "Wh-Why?!" I hug myself out of insecurity. "What do I need to undress for!?"

After dinner, I became a decoy to play the next victim. We believe that the murderer is still somewhere within this manor and might next his or hers strike. I volunteered to be the next victim, even if it meant undressing myself. . .

I remember Jeremy's words quite clearly. "Listen carefully, Milady. You mustn't speak or move a muscle. Not on any account. Close your eyes and remain perfectly still. Do no more than breathe until I give you the word. Twitch and you will find your life cut short. . ." 

It's just like back then. . . This feeling is too familiar to me. . . Back when I was with Kelvin, I would lie lifelessly on the floor while Joker dressed me in a suitable costume for my title as the Marionette. . .

I would lie on the floor for hours, what felt like days, as I could hear Kelvin muttering, telling me how beautiful I was and how suitable I was to be his Marionette. . . 

But it is different. 

I am not alone. . .

Ciel, Arthur, Charles, and Jeremy are in the room with me. So, there is no need to be scared. But, if something were to happen, and if they can't get to me in time, I will have no choice but to, "Set me free and allow me to take over." 

Yes. . . That's how it's always been for Mari and I. It is something I could not ignore nor deny.

{Arthur's POV}

According to Jeremy's theory, the murderer will strike again tonight. But why would he return to the scene of the crime? It seems like a recklessly terrible thing to do. 

We all hear a sound coming from inside the bedroom after moments later of waiting. He's already coming?! "Do it now!" Jeremy signals. 

{Moon's POV}

Tanaka had entered into the room and informed us that Jeremy, Ciel, and the others had caught the culprit. "We found the guilty party alright." Charles walks in into the room, looking disappointed. 

"Allow me to introduce our killer." Jeremy holds up a snake that he tied into a knot. 

"A snake?" Ciel and I question.