Chapter 24- Todos.

----------------------------

Chapter Twenty-Four: Todos.

They were all hooded, their faces concealed from our sight. The red fabric of their Alliance robes glimmered brightly under the dim lighting.

Caleb held on to my hand tightly.

“You didn’t think it would be that easy, did you?” I heard one of their voices utter out into the silence.

I could feel myself shaking. I knew there was no chance of us getting out of here without a fight.

Caleb and Gabriel shared a look. Lestat’s other descendants stood beside us, with an intense look in their face.

“Did you really think such a small group could put up a match against us?” One of the Alliance members sneered.

“We might be a small group…” Gabriel said, and took a step forward. His shirt was flustering from the wind, and his caramel skin looked warm under the light. I saw his eyes crease with intensity, “But we can do big things.” He cried out, and I saw a big ball of flame form in his hands.

He lunged it with all his strength towards The Alliance, it reached them like a flame thrower. Suddenly the rest of us began attacking too, Ahmed, John, Samantha. Nine more.

Ahmed’s powers of teleportation made him even faster than the rest of them, John used his powers of telekinesis to lunge a few Alliance members into the ground. Samantha split herself into three of her  clones, only adding to our numbers.

I had never seen so many different super-abilities being used.

“Get back,” Caleb said to me. He pulled me behind him in a protective manner. I held on to him tightly, tugging at his wrist, his shirt. I wanted to hold onto him forever.

Suddenly I saw one of the Alliance members lunge towards me and him.

It was happening way too fast for me to fully appreciate.

I could only see the blurry red outline of a silhouette approaching us, and Caleb pushing me to the ground in a micro second. Suddenly the red silhouette paused and took its original form. 

Caleb tackled him instantly, breaking his neck with one swift motion. When his body fell to the ground, Caleb pulled back the robe to reveal his face.

His eyes were open wide despite being dead, his lips were parted open. “Who’s that?” I asked, wondering if Caleb had recognized him. But Caleb shook his head and nodded no.

He then ran towards me quickly, “We must go. You’re too great of a target.”  He said pulling me up gently.

 He held my hand and we began to run. The fight was going on creating all sorts of loud bangs and clashes around us.

I looked back one last time to see Gabriel throwing flames. He looked fearless.

 I didn’t want to leave him behind.

But Caleb and I continued running, until the fight became a yellow blur behind us.

“Caleb,” We heard someone cry out, and we paused.

The night was as dark as could be. There were a few torches placed on the ground that provided some light.

“Caleb!” The voice said again. It was Samantha, at-least one of her. Behind her was group A, the one that created a diversion at the beginning of the plan. Except that there were much fewer of them.