CONFINED TO A WHEELCHAIR (FOR LIKE A FEW WEEKS, CHILL)

Start from the beginning

Whoever that kid was, he brought out the best in Tony.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

The month of Peter's 'imprisonment', as he liked to call it, ended two weeks early since Tony needed to go on a mission with the others and he didn't want to leave Peter there alone for who knew how long. Instead, Peter returned to the apartment he shared with May and, after becoming bored, went back to school.

Although, he was still told to stay in his wheelchair seeing as his super-healing was working much slower than usual and he had accidentally fallen when he was getting out of bed, hurting himself even more.

He wheeled himself through the schools entrance, avoiding the stares sent his way by other students, straight to a gobsmacked Ned "Hey."

"What the shit Peter, why are you in a wheelchair?" Ned's eyes were wide, panicking over his best friends safety. He had expected for Peter to get cuts and bruises, he was Spider-Man after all, but a full on wheelchair? Damn.

"Got shot and Mr Stark thought it would be funny to make me stay in a wheelchair for a month to 'learn my lesson'," Peter leaned closer, dropping his voice to a whisper, and became wary of people listening in "I was supposed to stay at the Compound until I got better but Mr Stark had to go on a mission and he didn't know how long it would take, so I came back here."

"Dude, so cool! Did you meet them?"

"The Avengers?" He grinned at his friends enthusiasm "Yeah, Mr Stark asked me to show them where their rooms were after he introduced me properly. As in, properly."

"What were they like?" Ned walked beside his friend as they headed to their first lesson.

"Mr Barnes seemed to like me and Mr Rogers seemed upset with Mr Stark that he let me fight in Germany, but he got over it really quickly. Miss Romanoff joked around with me and Mr Barton, we ended up playing CoD until they had to leave. I didn't really talk much to the others."

"Awesome!"

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Peter had stayed at the Compound over a weekend, as arranged before, as May was staying with friends. None of the Avengers were back from their mission and Peter was starting to get worried, not only for his new friends but his father figure.

When he finally received a message that they were on their way back, it felt like the weight of the sky had been lifted off his shoulders. The message didn't say much: 'Mission completed, coming back, don't worry -Tony'.

He had prepared a medical bag, knowing at least one of them would be hurt if it had really taken them almost two weeks to finish the job, and was waiting by the lounging area of the Avengers floor.

Thor walked in first with Steve, supporting Tony between the two of them, Natasha and Clint following close behind, Sam and Bucky limping after them. Wanda and Vision had gone to Wakanda almost immediately after returning so they weren't there.

Tony was gently placed down on the couch by the two men, wincing with every movement. He had been hit into a building during the fight and he was certain at least one rib had cracked. Luckily his suit had lessened the damage.

Peter pushed his wheelchair to him, the personal medical bag on his lap, and in silence started to clean out all of Stark's cuts.

"Friday," Peter cleared his throat, not looking up when addressing the AI "What are Mr Stark's injuries?"

"Mr Stark had two cracked ribs on the right of the rib cage, bruising on his back and multiple cuts on his upper arms, head and back of his right arm."

"Thanks Fri," Peter pulled out a needle from the bag, containing a corticosteroid injection, and carefully lifted up the back of Tony's shirt, injecting it near the rib cage. He took out an ice pack, placing it where the cracked ribs would surely be "Try not to move around too much Mr Stark, you can have some ibuprofen if it gets too bad." 

He next moved onto Natasha's ankle, which was twisted, and slipped on an ankle brace that would help. Peter gently moved her foot to rest on a cushion placed onto the coffee table. From there he stitched the cut on Sam's bicep, apply ice to Bucky's head and gave Thor a glass of whiskey, who was seemingly unscathed.

Tony had fallen asleep, thankfully staying perfectly still in his sleep, but when he woke up he thanked the kid for looking after the team. And, reluctantly, allowed him to get out of the wheelchair and borrow some of the teams old pair of crutches. He had proved he was by far responsible enough and he doubted would hide any injuries in the future. Then again, at least Tony would know the kid knew how to treat them properly.

A/N

[PUBLISHED 15/07/2019]

I'm actually pretty sure this is an original idea, not 'stolen' from anywhere, but I don't mind if you take inspiration from it, as long as it is not directly copied. 

That goes for all my chapters, especially if they have 'UP FOR ADOPTION' in the title, that means I really don't mind it being taken as a starter for a book as long as I'm tagged.

I'll be getting my laptop back today (in a few hours, it's being delivered to my house today) so my writing schedule should go back to normal at my usual speed. Yay for me :) 

To 'celebrate' I'll be editing a few early chapters, I re-read one today and it was just poorly written.

Thank you for reading, I can't believe this book is on 13.8K reads as of writing this, and still growing! It means so much for me and I don't think I can thank you guys enough.

I'll see you all (hopefully) in my next upload!