CONFINED TO A WHEELCHAIR (FOR LIKE A FEW WEEKS, CHILL)

En başından başla

Peter was wheeling himself to the communal floor out of his bedroom (Tony had insisted on him having one if he was going to be staying there weekly) when he heard the elevator opening, a faint chatter coming from its doors. He recognized Mr Stark's voice as one of those and deduced the others must be the Avengers.

"Hey Mr Stark!" He called out cheerily to his mentor as he entered the room, heading straight towards the group. Peter was slightly uncomfortable with all the eyes on him but shook off the feeling. It was to be expected, after all.

"Hey kiddo, I thought you'd be around when I got back." Tony smiled at the sight of Peter, his spirits immediately lifting, something that did not go unnoticed by the others.

"I was working on the new project down in the labs but got bored," He answered then turned to address the Avengers that were looking at him in curiosity "Hi."

"Oh yeah, guys this is Peter, my intern and also kind of Spider-Man." Tony gestured to Peter, giving little jazz hands.

"Well, that explains the wheelchair." Bucky muttered under his breath before Steve exploded.

"What the hell Tony, he's a bloody kid!" Steve yelled, not noticing Peter flinch at the sudden noise.

"Language."

"Stay out of this Natasha!" He blocked out the sound of Bucky snickering behind him otherwise it would just distract him.

"Stevie, need I remind you that back in the war, you tried to sign up despite being too young and weaker than a damp tissue." Bucky nudged his friends side, giving him a judgmental look.

"That's not fair!"

"Sure," Bucky smiled, stepping forward and extending a hand out to Peter (not his metal one) "I'm Bucky, Steve's friend."

"Also a kick-ass dude with a cool metal arm, don't forget that." Peter shook Bucky's hand, remembering the time he had caught the other one mid-punch.

'I like him.' Bucky thought to himself. Peter was similar to Steve when he was younger, a bit reckless and aloof but had the sign of crushing responsibilities in his eyes. It was like pre-serum Steve merged with after-serum, a scary thought.

"Last time I checked, Spider-Man wasn't in a wheelchair, what happened?" Natasha tilted her head and rested her hand on her hip. The kid was interesting, she'll give him that.

"Yeah Peter, what happened?" Tony turned to face sarcastically, sending 'you-got-yourself-into-this-mess-you-deal-with-it' look.

Peter sighed and mumbled something under his breath. When he saw no one had heard him, he sighed and repeated it in a louder voice "I got shot yesterday on patrol."

'Yup,' Bucky thought 'Definitely a Steve clone.'

"Wow Tony, you sure know how to raise a kid right, thank God you never babysat mine." Clint chuckled, earning a light slap from Natasha around the head.

"Ha ha bird-brain, he's not mine," Tony glared at Clint for a moment "Hey, Pete, can you show them to the their rooms?"

Peter nodded, having of helped design the Avengers rooms not too long ago (he was, in fact, responsible for the glitter bomb rigged in the entrance of the ventilation system that would go off whenever opened) "Sure thing Mr Stark." 

He declined Steve's offer to push him, insisting he was fine to do so himself, and lead the group up to their separate rooms. Peter was polite to them, all while not trying to shit himself because he was talking to the Avengers.

They seemed to like him, or at least they were too nice to say otherwise, and he didn't mind them. Steve was mostly in shock that neither Tony nor Peter had held any grudges against him or the other 'rogue' Avengers for Germany, they had fought to almost-death after all.