"oh no you did not, clifford." calum spoke, receiving a smirk from the purple headed lad. "you did not send that to my mum!"

"maybe i did, maybe i didn't." winked michael and calum huffed out a breath. "c'mon, man, you guys were so sweet, i couldn't risk not having a photo!"

ashton then bragged about him being a lifesaver by taking the photo in the first place and our voices were silenced once we heard the doorknob jingle.

"fuck!" cursed michael.

uh oh.

"no! no! hide, now!" ashton panicked and ran for the bathroom once the jingling stopped. well, the nurse had a key, so...

they all squeezed into the bathroom and i had to hold in my laugh when they pulled luke in too. way to go for using him as a cover.

"alexandra? are you awake?" a nurse's head popped through the slightly opened door and i smiled as genuinely as possible. "but it's still so early."

and she walked in, closing the door behind her. god, just get out...

"oh, i just woke up because luke had a stomach ache. he's in the bathroom so you might not want to go in there." i scrunched up my nose as i pointed toward the bathroom door.

she nodded - i believe her name was sylvia - before speaking, "of course. but go back to sleep later, okay? if you're healthier, you might get to go home early!"

i replied a fake smile since she was grinning from ear to ear. i, of course, didn't ever want to go back to that house. well, i had luke here with me.

"i better get going now. my shift ends at 5 and my friend christine's shift will start. do you need anything else?" sylvia asked as she walked for the door.

i shook my head, "no, thanks. i'm all right."

she smiled and mumbled a quick 'good night' (even though it was practically morning) before disappearing behind the opaque, white door.

"okay, guys, you can come out now." i called out and there stumbled the four boys as the bathroom door clicked open.

the small space sent them crashing in a heap on the floor while i laughed at their silliness - thoughts on liz disappearing into thin air.

did she go home last night?

was she looking for us?

did she even notice mine and luke's absence?

i didn't know but i somehow wanted to.

"that bathroom is so small i kept on hyperventilating!" michael whisper-shouted as he stood up on his feet with calum's help.

i should say, their hair...was a complete mess. like, bird nests on their heads!

"i don't think we can sleep anymore. i mean, we're all wide awake!" ashton confessed whilst running his hand through his hair, taking a seat on the blue chair.

luke agreed by nodding and took a seat on the bed with me.

"i'm gonna lie down with daniel." michael took out a toy lion and cuddled with it as he lied down on the sleeping bag he'd brought.

a grown boy cuddling a toy lion to sleep? sometimes i wondered to myself, why was i even friends with these idiots in the first place?

and we'd only been friends for three days! no one ever became this close in three simple days!

that's because you're a loner and hated.

i know that, you don't have to tell me.

i'm only saying this out of pity.