13

a l e x a n d r a

LITERALLY, i woke up with my head on someone's chest, rising up and down as their breathing steadied. only then i glanced up and found calum's face merely inches away from mine.

it was still dark out so i supposed it was somehow not yet dawn.

there was a digital clock located on the cabinet by the bed and it read 4:19 AM which meant that i've only been asleep for, like, two hours?

calum's heartbeat was clearly heard and felt beneath my ear as it was situated right over where his heart was. i used to sleep on my dad's chest like this when i was little.

he actually looked peaceful in his sleep. you know, he could be really cheeky and really annoying sometimes when he's awake.

the bed shifted a little and i closed my eyes immediately, pretending to be asleep. i forgot about the other two who were on the bed with us, though. until one of them moved, that was.

"hey, luke." croaked a deep, morning voice which i believed was owned by michael clifford.

there was silence and i was waiting for a reply when i remembered that luke couldn't, well, talk.

"check out your sister and calum here." michael continued to whisper, "man, how i wish i could take a photo right now and show it to his mum."

"already on it." said another groggy voice and a flash of white seeped through my eyelids.

ashton, that nigga.

i hesitantly sat up and eyed the three awoken boys before me. with luke's hair a made out mess and michael's purple strands everywhere on his chest - by the looks of it, they had been cuddling for so long.

now. ashton. that dude was in his boxer shorts only with his phone in hand, photo of calum and i saved into its memory.

"really, ashton?" i croaked out and he grinned, putting the phone away into his pocket which was way out of my reach.

michael had a really satisfied smile on his face and luke was giving me looks. pervert.

"what's all the fuss?" calum slowly sat up whilst rubbing his eyes like a child. voice, however, deep like harry styles'.

all of us remained silent as he looked around and finally rested his sight on the digital clock: 4:31 AM.

"guys, it's too early to be awake. actually," he cleared his throat, "why are you all awake?"

i just shrugged and michael got up to piss while ashton tapped away on his iPhone once again. luke placed his head on my shoulder and calum was left unanswered.

"am i invisible? can you guys even hear me?" asked calum again. "this isn't funny."

i laughed at the poor, ignored boy as i stroke luke's hair, "nothing, calum. just go back to sleep."

michael's phone beeped from inside the bathroom and all our heads turned toward the door. "got the photo, ash! thanks!"

and now six eyes fell upon ashton's lanky figure, which later came a reply from him, "what?"

"what photo is he talking about?" asked calum, confused. i, however, think i knew.

seconds later, calum's phone beeped just as michael stepped out of the bathroom. he took out his phone and i watched as he unlocked it.

Ash 🙈 sent you an image.

he then viewed the photo and his eyes went wide in an instant before he looked up at ashton's satisfied self. michael was plastering on that winning smile of his as he plopped down back in luke's arms.