•Author's Note•

It's been over two years since I first posted this story, and one since I finished it. 

That being said, the author's note that previously took up this page is no longer relevant, so instead I'm gonna say something new.

I've recently gone back and changed some things about this story. For the most part, nearly everything is the same- the characters, the plot, all the important things. The only thing that's different is what it's canon with. 

If you don't know, there was a separate MCSM series I was working on, called the Author Trilogy. It has since been put on hiatus, and I'm still not sure if I'm going to return to it. But anyways, this story was supposed to take place between the first and second books of the Author Trilogy, and there were a lot of references and teasers to both of those.

But since I'm no longer proud of said series and will probably end up abandoning it, I want this book to be completely separate from it. Meaning that yes, I took all the AWU references out.

I did not rewrite the whole book, so don't get excited. Actually, there were less than ten scenes that I tweaked, but I did. I am reposting almost all of it, though, because even though I didn't fully rewrite, I did edit a lot. 

So now, if you haven't read A World Unwound, this book will still make perfect sense, instead of there being things here and there that you wouldn't know about unless you'd read the total shitshow that was AWU.

However, there is still a few references to this story in Forgotten Demons, the second Author Trilogy book. I'm not planning on bothering to take those out, since again, I don't know if I'm going to continue FD. Plus, I'm still pretty happy with the majority of this story, so I don't mind being like 'hey go read this one if you don't understand that thing'.

So, there ya go. Read this, but don't bother reading the Author Trilogy because it's pretty bad.

If you're completely new to this story, I'm gonna paste some of the original disclaimers just for the hell of it.

- 90% of this book is from the POV of the first female Jesse. Yes, she is called 'Jesse', and no, there will not be a different character called 'Jess' or 'Jessi' or any variation of that. No offense, but that drives me nuts.

-This is set BEFORE SEASON 2, since I started it shortly after s2 was announced. All the things in this book that match up with season 2 are completely accidental, so please don't bother trying to accuse me of plagiarism. I'll admit there are some pretty massive coincidences, especially in the first few chapters, but they are indeed coincidences.

-oh and about that, I see it being like...six-ish months after ep 8? Maybe more?? Or slightly less??? It doesn't really matter, aside from the fact that it's waaaaay before s2, not just a little.

-I did not plan this before I started writing, so a lot of things may be confusing at first. Don't worry, though, I eventually got my shit together and explained things more thoroughly.

-There's a lot of death and blood and cussing and a lot of general angst, so bare your feels and don't get attached to any characters. It's not really bad enough to have to be rated Mature, but...you've been warned.

-I'm a pretty hardcore Luktra shipper, so there's a few ship moments here and there. It's nothing too major-  if I remember right there's really only one chapter that's totally focused on them -but they exist nonetheless. If you happen to absolutely hate this ship...sorry, but you're gonna have to deal with it. 

Anyways...enjoy the story? Probably?? Hopefully???