"Yeah, you're right. I guess I should move on. But it's just really hard, you know. Being close to that person and just imagining a life without them is hard." She wiped a tear that trailed down her cheek.

"I understand. But you have to let it go, and you can't let it bother you. Leaving this topic, freshen up a bit. You look like you got by a tornado. No offense." I mentioned, grabbing some makeup-remover wipes from my backpack. She laughed and snorted, and blushed when she did. This was new. She never laughed like this. She always tried to laugh like a royal when she was around guys. But then again, the only time I was around her was when I was around guys.

"Thank you." I nodded at her and watched as she removed her makeup.

She looked different than ever. Her original complexion was a little darker than her foundation and had several beauty marks on her chin and cheeks.

"You don't have to wear makeup in order to look nice. You look very pretty, and you don't need to change." She blushed at my compliment.

"You really think so?" I nodded with a smile, and she reflected it back. "And I forgot to introduce myself. Sierra." She held out her hand, which I gladly shook.

"I'm-"

"Mikayla. I know." She said with the correct pronunciation.

"Call me Mika. I like it better."

"Mika." She tried out. "That's nice and new. I'll keep it in mind."

Just when an awkward silence came in between us, the bell rang, indicating that the school day was over. The six hours of hell was over.

Oh, thank God.

I quickly bid Sierra a goodbye before going my way, which is walking home.

Now, I have some homework to do, and I have to make food for myself. Wonderful.

~~~

I was always wonderful at lying and hiding from unwanted situations. Even when playing Hide and Seek, I knew every possible way to win. It was the best, knowing that I would always win.

"Count to one hundred!" I heard Cory yell and Eliza giggle and run away to a different part of the backyard, which I call a forest.

I scurried away with my little feet, fast and far away from Cory.

"One! Two! Three!..." I heard his voice fade into the background.

I heard a faint, "One hundred!" as I settled down by the grass behind a bush. I giggled as I knew that he wouldn't find me. I looked through the gaps of the bush to find out where he was.

I couldn't see him. In fact, I didn't even know he was there. I twisted my lips. I hope he was still somewhere.

As soon as I sighed and slumped my shoulders, someone from behind me put their hand over my mouth, making my heart almost stop.

I gasped, coming out of my dream when I heard the doorbell ring. I rubbed my eyes an checked the time, only to find out that I slept for two hours. Quickly twisted y hair into a messy bun and went to the door to open it.

"Hi, can I help you?" I asked the couple at my door. The man and woman looked somewhat old like they were almost my parents' age the last time I saw them. The woman had a warm smile on her face, red hair with a couple of white strands and pale skin. The man, however, had black hair with a few white strands and tanned skin. Despite their differences, they looked like a wonderful and happy couple.

"Good evening. My husband and I found out that we got a new neighbor." The woman said, gesturing to the both of them. "We thought it would be nice if you feel welcomed." My eyebrows shot up in surprise.