Chapter 6

THIS IS THE MOMENT...

~Chapter 6

My body felt free like there was nothing to worry about. My body felt light as if it was made of feathers. I loved the feeling. It would be nice if I could live this feeling for the rest of my life. The one feeling that I had been wishing that I would get.

But Chris was the reason why I can't get this feeling all this time. I have to listen to his orders, I have to do whatever he says or else he-

Wait.

Something's wrong. There was a fire. There was me and Chris in the house. Chris most-likely died and me?

I opened my eyes, and all I saw was white. There was nothing more than white. The only thing that was a different color was my clothes. The same clothes I remembered wearing for a while.

I slowly stood up, surprised that I wasn't limping. I remember having such a hard impact on the ground, but what happened to me?

I decided to walk around for a little bit, trying to find out if there was someone around to help me. I mean, if such an idiot like me came to such a place, then someone a lot smarter than me could have come here before me.

"Hello?" I yelled, "Is anyone there?" There was only white for miles and miles. I doubted there would be an endpoint.

I was going to yell again, but someone else's voice beat me to it.

"Mikayla?" The voice asked. I ran towards it. It sounded so familiar.

Then a woman appeared, and I automatically knew who it was.

"Mom!" I yelled as fast as I could to reach her as if she would fade away if I took too long to get to her.

I hugged her, almost making the both of us fall over in the process. I buried my face into her neck, feeling at home for once.

"Oh, Mika." She sighed and hugged me back just as tight.

"I missed you so much. I couldn't do anything about you. I wished you would come back. I'd think about you, Dad and Kat every day since the day you guys... died." My voice died in the last word. It hit me. I'm in heaven. "Am I dead?"

"Let's just say you're not in your conscious. Kind of like a coma."

"Where's Dad and Kat?" I tried to look around for them.

"They're busy talking to God about you having your life back. You have to go, baby."

"No, I don't want to leave you. I can't go back. Chris-"

"He's dead. You have a lot of stuff that was written for your destiny. You have to go now."

"But Mom," I sobbed. "I just met you and you're telling me to leave? I won't have you. I want to meet Dad and Kat, too."

"I know Mika." She cupped my cheeks and placed her forehead on mine.

"We'll come to talk to you very often. You have to go now. Go live the life you were deprived of."

"Please," I begged. She just kissed my forehead and told me to go. I wish I could have stayed, but I can't.

Soon enough, I saw her fading away. I tried to grab her, but I couldn't touch her. Soon enough, I was fading away too.

I gasped as I opened my eyes. Yes, it was bright, but my eyes adjusted.

I ceiling was once again, white, but there was something different about the place I was in exactly.