Chapter 8 - More Trouble

Comenzar desde el principio

Screw it. I tossed the handle aside and used the new one. Surprisingly, it was so much better than the last one. Not because the old one was fragile. It just cuts cleaner into zombie flesh.

"She took the diamonds!" One yelled.

Wait what? I don't know what you're talking about. What are so special about those diamonds? I was distracted by my thoughts, which led to me being cornered by the zombies. I didn't react fast enough. One got to me and was pushing me into the others. Everything was slowing down drastically as I was being mauled. Then, it faded to black.

...reality...

I woke up screaming, at about six in the morning. What the heck! It's a weekend. Everything from last night gave me that dream. But how did diamonds and zombies have to do with it?

I have had enough with it. All this was driving me crazy. I couldn't take it. The other night was a mess. I needed a walk to clear my mind from all this.

Next thing I knew, people were running.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Enderman!" One said. "Take cover."

I did. I built a makeshift cover base that was two blocks high and I placed water around it, enclosing myself in it holding a torch to light it up.

.....

Eileen's POV
___________

"Madelyn!" I called.

Where is she? I thought. I swear she was in plain sight. Then I found an enclosed, two three block high, safe house. The whole thing was surrounded by a thin strip of water. I looked through the door and saw her in the corner.

"Hey." She said. "Come in quick, and get Garrett."

I did so. Garrett and I crawled into the water-surrounded safe house.

"Now." I said. "Got a plan?"

"An enderman is roaming the town, probably looking for me. Obviously." She said. "I set this trap in case it roams over to where we are. Then someone can push it in and soon it will fall into the water and drown."

"Good thinking." I said.

.....

Madelyn's POV
_____________

The enderman walked by us.

"I have a plan." I whispered.

I crept out and dove into the pond. He heard it so he walked over there. I was on the other side behind a tree holding a bucket of water. I didn't want to do this, but I looked him square in the eyes.

"Come get me." I said, holding up by bucket of water. It backed away.

"I said. Come and get me." I repeated.

......

Herobrine's POV
____________

I looked into my looking glass. She was cunning, holding up the water like that.

"Why don't we spice things up a bit?" I said.

I waved my hand and two more endermen came. I made her bucket of water disappear. Now they looked angry and ready to kill.

"Perfect." I said. "Let's see what she can do with no water.

......

Madelyn's POV

_______________

I was in shock when my bucket of water disappeared. No. I thought. I need to run, now. I ran to the nearest water source, but all my buckets were back at the house.

The endermen sprinted at me as I sprinted to the water. I dove in. They didn't go after me. They were staring at me. They were waiting for me to resurface. I stayed under as long as I could.

...

Five minutes passed and I needed to resurface. So I did. I peeked my head out of the water. I saw Eileen push one into the water. Hah. I thought. I climbed out and drew my sword. I didn't see them at all.

......

Eileen's POV
___________

I looked for Madelyn. She was standing still. She was waiting for the right time to strike.

"Madelyn." I said. "Watch out."

But it was too late. An enderman was creeping up behind her. I ran at it as it started suffocating her. I sprinted and took a slash at it.

......

Madelyn's POV
______________

I was suffocating and being choked to death. I couldn't breathe. Just hope for the best. I thought. However, I was dying. I bet Herobrine is happy. I thought.

Then I got released. Breathing heavily, I lay on the ground as Eileen killed the last enderman. Her sword was through its body. Garrett broke out of the space and rushed over to me. He checked my pulse and checked to see if I was breathing.

"She has her pulse back." Garrett beamed.

"Wait." Eileen replied. "Madelyn isn't breathing normally." She panicked.

......

Gerrett's POV
_____________

Eileen and I needed to rush Madelyn to the hospital. She didn't look too good. She still wasn't breathing correctly. She refused.

"I'm ok." She said. "I need to catch my breath." She stood up and her eyes were a bright yellow.

"Why didn't I see that?" I asked pointing to her eyes.

"Didn't you hear what I told you guys last night?" She sassed. "Again. I'm part frikkin wolf. My eyes are supposed to be yellow."

I wish I took that back. But at the same time, I was worried about her. She is in danger from this day forth.