CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

Start from the beginning

After about 20 min of driving we pass a big Ferris wheel and I have an idea to where he's taking us. I guess I was right because we park in a full parking lot and walk up, through an entrance that reads 'Fall Carnival'. I remember reading about this, although I didn't think of actually coming here.

"Here we are." He says. We walk around and look at all the food and game stalls. It makes me feel like a kid again. The cotton candy, stuffed animals and throwing up on 'The Spinning Death Chamber' after eating too much.

The first thing we did was go to the bumper cars, because how can you go to a carnival and not go on the bumper cars. It was amazingly fun. I got into one and Shane gets into another. As soon as I drive out, Shane immediately knocks me from behind.

Before I can turn around, he drives away screaming "ITS ON."

We spent the next ten minutes crashing into each other as well as other kids. It must have been a real sight seeing two really old teenagers screaming and laughing around thirteen and fourteen year olds, either way, It was amazing. We walk out and have a complete debate over who won. In the end, we settled on a draw. Yeah right, obviously I kicked his ass, but I was just trying to be nice on him.

After a while we see a haunted house and Shane says he wants to see if I can handle it.

"Oh yeah. Watch me." I say with a smirk. Though My heart is beating so fast I think it's going to explode. I'm not one of those people who can sit at 11pm watching Paranormal Activity marathons. Those things creep me out completely!! So yeah you can say I'm scared...

We go through the curtains and everything is dimly lit in the beginning, just enough to see where you're going. The soft eerie music plays and I'm praying for my legs not burst into a sprint out of here. As we walk a cold hand reaches out and touches me, trailing the back of my shoulder. I jump a little and scream. Shane laughs and I can't help but laugh with him. He puts his arm over my shoulders to comfort me. I feel safe with him and find this a lot more enjoyable.

We get through the end of the haunted house both laughing.

"You are such a scardey cat Sarah!!" Shane says through bouts of laughter.

"I'm not!!" I playfully hit him on the chest.

Our laughter dies down after a while and Shane still has his arm over my shoulder. I look up at him and he smiles. A smile that could make any girl turn into a puddle of goo. Hmm reminds me of something or someone, though I can't quite fully remember.

I put my arm around his waist and we carry on walking around.

We tried our luck at a few game stalls: ring toss, mini bowling and a dart game but didn't actually do too well though. We walked past this basketball game where if you got 7 hoops in a row you'd win a giant stuffed puppy; and Shane being the gentleman that he is was adamant of winning it for me. Surprisingly he did!! He hands it to me and gives me a kiss on the cheek

"For the lady." He says and bows

"Why thank you sir." I say in the best British accent I can convey, but it sounds really stupid. "Hey do you wanna get cotton candy or something?" I'm not really that hungry but the smells of food are calling me.

"Sure, but I've still got one more surprise waiting for you."

We grab some cotton candy and make our way to the Ferris wheel. We sit in one of the benches and slowly make our way up. All the lights are beautiful and give me warm tingles inside. I lay my head on his shoulder and we sit in the comfortable silence until it's our time to get off.

"This is just amazing." I say in a sigh.

"Well the night isn't over yet." He says and takes my hand in his.