• Twenty - Heart Flip •

Ebony

Breaking your arm sucks.

Sure, it's fun at first to have someone running around after you, or having people keep stopping by to drop off flowers, chocolates, and assorted plush toys, but it gets annoying after 24 hours of it.

I could probably fill a souvenir store with all of the get-well-soon gifts I'd received, (there were just so many!!) Hmm... maybe I could call it 'because you embarrassed yourself in front of hundreds of people, broke your arm, and gave yourself a mild concussion'?

Also, apart from totally looking like a dick in front of a theatre full of people, there was also my mother who basically (probably not intentionally but I'm still blaming her) caused all of this stupid mess. The silly woman kept calling me, and no matter how many times I ignored her calls or told her that I didn't want to talk, just wouldn't give up.

My dad tried to reason with me, "she just wants to sort it out with you, Ebony. She hates that you won't talk to her, she just wants to know that you're alright." But I wasn't having a bar of it. I was having a bar of chocolate, though. Chocolate solved everything.

***

After a full day of sitting around the house, feeling like an invalid, I decided that I needed human contact or else I would go insane. My doting father and she room full of teddy bears really wasn't cutting it for me today.

Luckily, Avery was meant to be coming over today, but I txt him just to check.

Are we still watching Adamms Family? :)

He replied in two seconds flat - If you still want to, then yes

Of course I still wanted to, god he was a doofus sometimes. Well, I am having an awfully fun time sitting at home, semi-high on pain killers.

I'll be there asap to join in on this supposed fun ;)

I hopped up off the couch to tell my dad about our visitor, wincing when I smacked my plaster cast on my hip.

"Dad!" I called out as I walked to his office.

"Yeah?" He asked, looking up from his stack of papers. His reading glasses were perched a top the bridge of his nose, and I noticed that his thick black hair was starting to gray.

"Uh, my friend is coming over. Is that alright?"

"Sure, it'll be good to hang out with someone other than your old dad. Is it one of the friends that I didn't get to meet yesterday?"

"Yup, I'm going to take a quick shower now though, so just keep an ear out."

***

By the time I hopped out, and I had managed to make myself look at least half presentable, Avery was knocking on the door.

I just hoped that dad hadn't embarrassed me too much in the time it took to get from my bedroom to the front of the house.

"Hello sir," I heard Avery say, sounding oddly formal. "I'm a friend of Ebony's, my name's Avery." He extended his hand towards my father, who firmly shook it.

"You are a friend of Ebony's?" He asked, looking in disbelief from the tanned boy-god standing in our doorway to plain old me. To be honest I was a bit offended at just how surprised he was.

"Yes I am, sir. At least, I hope she regards me as a friend, sir."

"Rick, just call me Rick. And sorry, I just didn't expect you to be so, you know..." he said, making a wild gesture at Avery.