xx. the renaissance (I)

Start from the beginning

"And we're not actually a hundred years old. For Pete's sake i just turned 30 and you're treating me like a grandma." She mocked my sincerity. Jennie Kim has always been a stubborn lady, even if you've put a ring on her finger her self-epitome would still be on her flesh.

"I'm your wife, what else should I treat you like?" I puffed sarcasm.

"We are not married." She deadpanned, with no mercy.

"I was trying to be sweet, Jennie Kim." I prompted with my lips pursing at the end of my sentence.

"Not when you're acting like a mom rather than a wife." She scoffed.

"I am a mom, and so are you." The tone I implied was more of a reminder.

"Oh. Right." As if it she just have known that we adopted a french child and that she wasn't so ecstatic to the point she haven't slept for a week before her arrival.

"In that case you should turn your concern more at that child of ours." Jennie stands adequately as her eyes looked at the direction of our house. Then I followed her gaze and saw a little girl in her night PJs squishing her dazed eyes as a pout appeared from her mouth. "She seems to have woken up." Jennie added as I continued to look at the angel who was guilelessly standing on our back porch.

I felt a squibble down my heart as I called her name. "Ella, come to mommy!" I bended my knees as I opened my arms to greet her with a hug. Then she ran, as the wind tangled her long ebony hair from the back then with a hazy smile, she reached for me out in the fields and gave me an embrace.

"Good morning baby, how's sleep?" I asked as I put her in my arms and raised her up to carry. "You two left me in bed." She said dearly. My wife and I looked at each other, pushing on who's fault was it. But Jennie drops her basket of flowers and moved closer to Ella as she cupped her face. "I'm sorry, baby. We didn't want to wake you up." Sweetly, my wife reasoned.

"Wanna pick up some flowers?" I gave an invite and with a smile tracting her dimple she nodded in agreement. And just like that we spent our early morning picking up sunflowers.

It's been five years since Jennie and I settled in Deauville, France. A little town that had greater liberty than itself, it was the perfect place to settle down. When Jennie turned 25 on a fluttering evening she landed one knee to the ground and asked me to settle in and build a family with her. Of course, I cried.

"So will you say yes or you'll just keep crying?" 

I scoffed a chuckle at her words as I tried to control my tears from falling. "And you still wouldn't let me have my moment."

"I mean, I'm just making sure." She playfully shrugged.

"Then it's a yes." 

"YES?!"  She quickly stood up as her orbs were excitingly wide. "YES!" Then she threw a fist up in the air, as if she have just conquered the Roman empire. She was that happy. 

Although we couldn't get married officially, just because this timeframe still has huge grudges for homosexuality to thrive, but still she had me as a wife. And that's for a lifetime.

After what we've been through, amidst of the universe's intervention to kill me and the love I had for Jennie, we managed to find ourselves back together regardless of the difference of our lifetime.

We now had the chance to grow old together.

...

The middle of the day came in a brief moment. Hence, to think, all days in Deauville has been fleeting too fast. Like an ever perfect daydream to be vanquished. I was murmuring these thoughts in the balcony as I  was casually sightseeing the view with my silk pink robe taking comfort of my restless body while the english tea provided the strong and bruised taste that I needed to shake myself off my drowsiness. I've been in hectic nuisance this week since I have booked two concertos at the Toulon Opéra and I needed more rendering with the pieces I had to play. Thankfully they've given me this weekend off to go back home and rest with my family.