7th of May

When I arrived at Paris, it was already night time in Korea so I decided to video call my girlfriend.

"Hey! How's my baby doing?" I asked excitedly when Rosie's beautiful face appeared on the screen.

"Leo's sleeping already, Babe," Rosie answered innocently.

"I would have said 'babies' if I was talking about our sons, Love. I'm asking about you," I said with a chuckle.

The tint of pink on her cheeks made her look even more adorable than she already was.

"I'm missing you too much."

My heart swelled at her honest confession.

"I miss you, too, Love. I wish you were  here."

"Maybe could go there together next time. Not for work but for vacation."

"Yeah. Let's do that."

We exchanged hopeful smiles and when I noticed she was feeling sleepy already, we ended the call with proclamation of our love for each other.

That night, I sat on the balcony of my unit facing the eiffel tower.

I realized I really want to bring Rosie here in the city of love. Just the two of us.

Maybe on a 7th of May.

It may not be our anniversary but it was the day my whole life changed for the better and it was all because she walked into my life.

I sighed as I remembered how we celebrated the last one.

-

I feel agitated.

I wanted to do something really nice for Rosie since it's been seven years since she joined the group. Seven years since I saw her on the elevator. Seven years since I started loving her.

But here I am sulking because I can't do something grand for Rosie in this foreign country with a concert to prepare for tomorrow.

"Why the long face?"

Slender arms went around me from behind and I felt Rosie place a soft kiss on my cheek. I turned so I could give her a proper one. She met my lips halfway and smiled.

"Good morning, Love."

"Good morning, too, Love. Why did you seem down?"

We were at the kitchen so she took a seat beside me and started sipping on the hot chocolate I prepared for her. She was already prepared for the day, I noticed.

"What is it?" She prodded when I only stared at her.

"It's May 7."

Chaeng gave me a bashful smile. She must have thought it didn't cross my mind since it was May 7 in Korea yesterday, it's the 8th there now. Yesterday, she even posted our central park date and the photos of her and her friend I took when we went to the aquarium together. May 7 was important to her, too.

However, I wanted to celebrate the day in our current time zone. I wanted to mark it in a physical calendar that on this day, like every 7th of May for the past 7 years, I was with Rosie. I was by her side.

"It is."

"Go out on a date with me, please," I said softly.

"But we're leaving for texas later."

"I know. Let's have brunch. We'll be back on time," I promised.

Rosie gave me a peck on the lips before nodding.