Sucky Sixteen

30 July 1996
18h08

Harry Potter was sitting on his lumpy mattress in the tiny second bedroom of Number 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey.

It was a day before his sixteenth birthday and he was not happy. Sure, Dumbledore let his friends send letters to him this time around, but he was being very unfair at the moment.

The barmy codger had said that Harry was to stay at Privet Drive ALL SUMMER. The Dursleys hated Harry with a passion. Sure, they didn't lay a single hand on him anymore, but being starved, imprisoned and ignored was also horrible.

But he was kind of glad that he didn't have to see Ginny Weasley, his best friend's sister. The girl had been dropping hints like bombs every three seconds about how much she liked him.

Harry didn't like the girl that way. He rather thought of her as a sister... And it thoroughly creeped him out that Ginny resembled his own mum in some ways. Who'd want to date their mum?

And plus, he didn't really know Ginny. He had never had a proper conversation with her in his entire life. She had always blushed a weird beet red whenever he was in a room and always ran away...

And she was dating Michael Corner in Ravenclaw currently! She had no business running after him.

Just then, Pigwidgeon, Ron's owl was incessantly tapping at his window.

Harry let the tiny owl in, undoing the thick, book-sized box tied to its legs. He let Pidwidgeon into Hedwig's cage ( which was layered with Daily Prophet shreds), the snowy owl scooting to one side of her perch, staring at the tiny bird disdainfully.

Harry settled down near the window sill and was sitting on a pile of messy clothes on the floor.

Luckily, the streetlight shone directly through his open window. As he opened the parcel, a thick leather bound green book and a letter that had Hermione's neat print on it fell on his lap.

He opened the letter first and began to read:

Dear Harry,

It's Mia and Ron here. Anyways, you must be wondering why we sent you a book. It is NOT your birthday present, so cool your jets!

We had overheard Ron's Mum talking to Dumbledore. Harry, it was bad. They said that they were going to try and slip you some love potions so that you would fall in love with Ginny.

They say that it would be for the Greater Good for the war of the Saviour married a girl from a Light family.

Oh God, they also said that they knew about a Creature Inheritance that you were going to receive tomorrow, well today at midnight. They were talking about slipping you potions that would make you think Ginny was your mate!

And we managed to overhear what creature you are. You're an Incubus. Ron thinks that it's awesome that you get such, and I quote, "a bloody freaking amazing Inheritance!"

Harry, today Ron and I left the Burrow under the guise of visiting my parents for the rest of the summer, instead, we went to Diagon Alley and we are currently staying with the Twins who also know about their mother's activities.

I strongly recommend that you DON'T go back to Hogwarts. Escape! Anywhere! But first, go find your mate/s and after that, come and have a chat with us, we wanna be wherever you are Harry.

We meant what we said when we promised to stick by you.

Love,

Mia and Ron