Chapter 2: A terrifying School day

Ding dong.

"Justin are you there?" Someone said at the door. It was a girl voice.

"May, is that you?" Justin grumbled.

"Yes it is. Hurry up!" May yelled.

"Ok, ok." Justin replied.

He tried to hurry, but his stiff muscles were slowing him down. He hurried as fast as he could to brush his bushy brown hair.

He grabbed an apple and a bottle of water for the ride.

His brown eyes glistened in the sun when he stepped out. He shield his eyes from the sun with his forearm.

The wind was blowing and Justin was sprinting to the car. He fell a couple of times.

"Justin, are you ok?" May asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Justin replied as he scrambled to his feet once he fell again near the car this time.

"Good," May said.

"So, umm, do you have any plans tonight?" Justin asked.

"No. Why?" May replied.

"I was wondering if we could go out to eat or something tonight." Justin replied to May's question.

"Ok," May was glad about it.

On the way to school something got very scary. Justin was driving while May was in the passenger seat.

Fog came out of nowhere. The sun disappeared in a second. Up ahead was a sign. It has never been there before. It was very mysterious.

"I'm going to pull over and see what the sign says." Justin was curios about the sign.

"Ok. Please be careful," May said in a scared and worried voice.

Justin looked back at her when he got out of the car and notice that she was terrified. The look in her eyes tore at his heart. He had never seen her so scared in his entire life.

He went to the sign and read it. He was bewildered at what he just read.

"What does it say?" May asked.

"The sign says: The Lookout Sign, !niaga rehtaf ruoy ees reven lliw uoY .nitsuJ kcab nrut uoy fI," Justin replied.

"Read it backwards. See if it makes more sense." She advised.

"Ok, here goes. The sign says: The Look Out Sign, If you turn back Justin. You will never see your father again." Justin was amazed at what he just read. He thought it was a joke, but it's more of a mystery now and he's brought May into it.

"Whoa! That was weird. We need to talk about this... Now!" May said.

"Ok, but-" Justin was interrupted.

"No buts, Justin," May said terrified and angry.

Justin looked around and saw no one. He decided to tell her what happened.

Justin explained every detail to her. He described the phone call, what happened before the phone call, and the conversation with his dad.

"I'm expecting another one today though. I will call you when it's over. I know you're scared. I am too." Justin said.

They are discussing about what has so far happened on the way to school. Justin is still not happy for bringing May into it. He wishes he could make it up to her.

They get to school and something is different.