Chapter 1

"Dalilah.. come here baby. Come to mommy"

"mommy.. mommy... where are you?"

Ah.. I was awake. Oh it was a dream I thought. I looked around and found myself in the same small room like every other day.
"What time is it.. It's so dark. Uh the torch... Where did I keep the torch last night." I muttered under my breath.

The doorknob turned and the door opened.

"Nanny" I called out to my caretaker, who looked after me for all this time after my mother's demise.

"aoh... my poor Dalilah" she started hurriedly.

"Your dad had brought you a new mother" she cried. She came close to me and hugged me to provide me with solace.

It had been just a few months, and father was already married. I didn't like father anyways.

"Don't trap yourself in this small room Dali, come outside" nanny called me Dali when she would have pity on me.

She was a kind soul thought. She was about 27 years old and she was beautiful. She invariably wore a white dress, from what I can remember from the days back then. Her name was Arizel.

"Let's go and meet your new family" she wiped her tears and tried to appear happy, but down somewhere, even she knew that I won't be able to adjust.
I turned twelve last month and I have been staying up in this room from last five months, from the day my mother perished.
I like staying here, I feel more protected in this room. This room belongs to my mother.

I don't like going outside. Father doesn't want me to play with other kids.

You know.. I can sense my mother's presence in this room sometimes. I can hear her through these four walls. She's here most of the time when it's gloomy. That's why I don't keep the lights on.

"Oh my dear, huh.. haha, such an innocent face" a lady with a brown fur on her shoulder entered the room.
Of course that was my new mother. I did look up at her. She was staring down at me, wide-eyed.

Arizel stood up and moved away from me. She shook her head a little and exit the room.

"Stand up, I say" that was my fathers voice. He showed up from behind.

My father Mr Walter Hales. He didn't like me much and I truly hated him.
Why on earth did my mother marry him, I would think.

"Show some respect" he shouted.

I stood up and looked up at him.

"Meet your mother" He alleged in a delicate voice.

I looked at her and forced a smile.

"Haha.. I am Rosabella" she laughed.

Ah...her laughed made my ears cry.

"Darlings..baby...darlings" She turned towards the doorway and called.

Three kids entered the room. All trimmed up in their best party dresses.

"oh damn" I thought, what could they be like if their mother is a laughing monster.

***